Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Netflix???

Default Anyone use Netflix???

Since we live a long distance from town, i was thinking about using Netflix. Anyone here use them? and if so, what do you think about it?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

we use netlix & absolutely LOVE it! i am addicted! i have always received my movies right on time...it only takes one day in the mail to both send & receive discs (eg, i mail a disc back on monday, they receive it on tuesday & mail another out that same day, then i receive on weds.). i also really dig the "watch instantly" feature & have enjoyed using it since, they recently made it available for mac, as well as pc.

i think it's a good deal for the money. plus, their inventory is just incredibly vast...i've got over 250 items in my queue, still waiting to be watched. lol! and, their website is super easy to navigate, too.

i seriously have nothing bad to say about them.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I like it. Only negatives are that 1) I have received broken discs, but only 2 or 3 in about 3 years. When that happens, you just go online & report it, and they immediately send a new one. They don't wait to get the broken one back. 2) I have received discs that skip. Again, very infrequently. 99.9% of the time, everything goes smoothly & I get the discs pretty quickly.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

How much does it cost? Is it a monthly fee? or per movie?
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Elite Member

We've used them for several years and no complaints. Their inventory is HUGE. We live a couple of hours away from a processing center so turnaround from us returning a disk and getting a new one is about 3-4 days. Customer service is excellent. We've had very few problems with the discs.

Oh, we also have an Xbox Live gold membership (7.99/month) and they have partnered with Netflix and we can now watch movies instantly on our HDTV! How cool is that? I watched Gone Baby Gone a couple weeks ago and I've also watched some TV series stuff.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    How much does it cost? Is it a monthly fee? or per movie?
    We pay $16/month for 2 at a time unlimited. It's an extra $1 for Blu-ray, which we have. So it would normally be $15/month for 2 at a time. I think 3 at a time is $18/month.

Yep and I love it. I only live about 30 minutes from a processing center so if I mail a movie back on Monday,they get it the next day and I have another movie in my mailbox that Wednesday. Plus the convenience of not having to lug my ass out to the video store makes it worth every penny in my book.

Plus you can also watch a ton of movies online if you don't want to wait for it to arrive. Not every movie is available online,but a good majority of them are.

Yes, I absolutely love Netflix. I rarely have a problem with them. My only complaint is my own fault, during the summer I really don't get my money's worth, but during the winter I do, so I guess it all evens out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh, we also have an Xbox Live gold membership (7.99/month) and they have partnered with Netflix and we can now watch movies instantly on our HDTV! How cool is that? I watched Gone Baby Gone a couple weeks ago and I've also watched some TV series stuff.
    My daughter and a friend used her membership to watch a movie at his house. I'm not sure what game system he has but I thought it was free to watch.

I pay $14.98 a month for 2 movies at a time. It's better than driving in town, putting miles on my truck and wasting gas plus time wasted finding a movie.

we chose the 16.99 for three movies at a time. Thanks you guys, i knew i could count on GR
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    My daughter and a friend used her membership to watch a movie at his house. I'm not sure what game system he has but I thought it was free to watch.

I pay $14.98 a month for 2 movies at a time. It's better than driving in town, putting miles on my truck and wasting gas plus time wasted finding a movie.
    Here's the details on the Xbox Live membership:

Xbox.com | Join Xbox LIVE

It's free to watch Netflix instant movies on your computer, but to watch them on your TV you have to go through the Xbox system, and you have to have a Gold account, which is 7.99/month.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    we chose the 16.99 for three movies at a time. Thanks you guys, i knew i could count on GR
    very cool! that's the package we started off with, too (we then upped to 4 at a time).

enjoy, msdeb!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I have the same package that you got! I love it. I rent a lot of movies so it is a bargain. I've never had any problems.

Elite Member

I have the two at a time package right now. Netflix is great and I haven't had any problems with them. I haven't been mailing off my discs as much as I should recently, but Netflix is great for renting expensive and hard to find films.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    I have the two at a time package right now. Netflix is great and I haven't had any problems with them. I haven't been mailing off my discs as much as I should recently, but Netflix is great for renting expensive and hard to find films.
    That is why we like it. They have stuff you just can't find in video stores.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information