Thread: Tron 2.0

Default Tron 2.0

Jeff Bridges & Bruce Boxleitner will reprise their roles in Tron 2.0 which is set for 2011 release date - 29 years after the first film. No word yet if Cindy Morgan will make an appearance (she played Lora/Yori)

Original Tron boasted ground-breaking special effects involving gladiatorial battles involving motor bikes set “inside” a computer making it probably the first virtual reality movie ever. 1982 film cost a fortune to make, but bombed at the box office. In the interim, it's grown in cult status, particularly amongst ageing thirtysomethingers who were impressed with it as kids. The plot involved a hacker (Bridges) who is “swallowed” into a virtual reality world and has to battle a rogue computer entity with the help of another entity.

The new $150 million effects-intensive feature film is being pushed as a “sequel” and not a remake, which will make it probably the most belated sequel in Hollywood history. Tron 2.0 will be filmed using stop motion capture and directed by Joseph Kosinski. It is reportedly being envisioned as a showcase for the Disney Digital 3D process.

Garrett Hedlund will play the lead, a man who finds himself pulled into the world of a computer, retracing the steps of a character from the original movie named Kevin Flynn. Olivia Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program. Beau Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world. Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver. The movie is eyeing a spring shoot in Vancouver.

Jim Hill : Disney screens proof-of-concept footage for "TR2N"

TR2N (2011) - PREVIEW

Bruce Boxleitner Returning for Tron 2.0 - ComingSoon.net
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I loved Tron. i imagine this will be bad, however.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Anyone remember that lame Tron ride at Disneyland back in the 80's?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

They better give this guy a cameo:

"If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

This was just on the other day on VH1! I watched it for a few and laughed. I'm sure my son will be bugging me to see Tron 2.0.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I ordered this version today - Tron (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition)-

Tron 2.0 will be filmed using stop motion capture and directed by Joseph Kosinski.
    uh no, it's just called 'motion capture'. Stop motion was back in the Harryhausen days!

Whoever wrote this should be slapped
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A movie ahead of its time! Loved it and can't wait for the sequel for us old farts. What was amusing is that supposedly the video game version actually outgrossed the movie, that game also rocked.

there's a really shitty handicammed sneak at the teaser trailer from some comic-con in san diego awhile back... clicky the link

The Real Tr2n Trailer: Tron 2 Trailer Video Makes Pants Wet Worldwide
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    uh no, it's just called 'motion capture'. Stop motion was back in the Harryhausen days! Whoever wrote this should be slapped

Sorry Grimm, I cited 3 different websites and one of them said this.
    Spank/Slap me till my body is cherry apple red and I promise not to enjoy it

I'm so freakin excited that all my favorite '08 films won at the critics awards tonight

Thumbs up

First look, now called 'Tron Legacy' and due next year! Can't wait, now THIS is a 'remake/re-imagining' I can handle. Just imagining all these young farts who weren't even born when Tron came out now 'claim' this movie, ha ha ha.

Youtube embedding is disabled so just double click on below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6jfm0hq0bk[/youtube]

the name is lame, but nice to see the effects

Thread Information