Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia

Eli

Default Australia

How is there not a topic on this?
    Okay just got back from seeing it, didn't think much of it before walking into the cinemas, but now I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN.
    My heart yearns for those wonderful characters. This really is on par with Gone with the Wind (almost). Too much to say about it. It's phenominal. Only bad thing is the overused "crikey" and the horrible CGI. I got chills so many times throughout this, and I was nearly in tears at the end. And not cause I'm an Aussie, it's because it's genuinely a terrific film. It deserves 4 stars, or 4 and a half. If you like Titanic and Gone with the Wind I'd wager you would love this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    How is there not a topic on this?
    Okay just got back from seeing it, didn't think much of it before walking into the cinemas, but now I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN.
    My heart yearns for those wonderful characters. This really is on par with Gone with the Wind (almost). Too much to say about it. It's phenominal. Only bad thing is the overused "crikey" and the horrible CGI. I got chills so many times throughout this, and I was nearly in tears at the end. And not cause I'm an Aussie, it's because it's genuinely a terrific film. It deserves 4 stars, or 4 and a half. If you like Titanic and Gone with the Wind I'd wager you would love this.
    Agree with everything you said.It was just fantastic and considering it was 2 1/2 hours long it went by really quickly..i never wanted it to end and I cannot wait to go see it again..I havent been able to stop thinking about it..it is fucking epic

Hmmm, good to hear the flip side of it. Its getting really mixed reviews and so far as I knew we only had one GR person who had seen it and that was negative

Still don't know if I can bring myself to see it. Just watching that aboriginal child get threatened in the previews makes me upset...I'm not sure I can put myself through a whole movie feeling that way.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

I honestly hated it, me and my hubby. We left after 30 minutes.
    It was not like Gone With The End for me. I didn't see any chemistry between Jackman and Kidman.

Wadda I know?

A*O

My mother wants to drag me along to see it but I really don't know if I can stand almost 3 hours of the Ice Princess. I'm not a huge GWTW or Titanic fan either so I think I'll give it a swerve.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

i want to see it but damn, there's so many negative reviews. i'll probably wait for the rental.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My Mum said the child actor stole the show, and it was good, but Hugh and Nicole had no chemistry at all.

Personally I'm just not interested.

Eli

GaPeach that may be because they don't like each other until an hour into the film.

Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but it certainly is like Gone with the Wind, only Australian. It's that big of a film. I think people in the world these days are expecting WAAAY too much from a movie, that they forget to just chill and enjoy what they watch.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I honestly hated it, me and my hubby. We left after 30 minutes.
    It was not like Gone With The End for me. I didn't see any chemistry between Jackman and Kidman.

Wadda I know?
    why would u leave after 30 mins?? you didnt even give it a chance!! oh well your loss

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i want to see it but damn, there's so many negative reviews. i'll probably wait for the rental.
    I really think this is a movie made to see at the cinema..it will loose alot of it's magic on the small screen i think

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I think people in the world these days are expecting WAAAY too much from a movie, that they forget to just chill and enjoy what they watch.
    I'd agree with that (although I'm not going to go watch this film as Titanic and GWTW type films just are not my thing). I just want to go to the cinema, switch off my brain, munch my popcorn and be entertained. I'm not looking for life changing experiences or to be able to debate the finer points of direction and special effects, I just want to sit on my ass and watch a movie.

Hype ruins every movie for me. If the world loves it and the critics cant stop praising it, I'll hate it. Plus hype is what makes you expect so much. I find i like a movie more when I've heard nothing about it before going to see it.

^^^ Yeah..I actually saw Titanic opening night and thought it was a really neat little movie, and then they hype hit and now I never want to see it again
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    ^^^ Yeah..I actually saw Titanic opening night and thought it was a really neat little movie, and then they hype hit and now I never want to see it again
    but titanic is a great movie!! fuck hype..fuck everyone else's thought's!! form a opinion of your own and merit it on your own terms..sorry but I get annoyed with people that are sheep and let other people's opinions deter them from making their own judgement.
    p.s Australia is a great movie..but by all accounts see it because you want to not because I say it's good and dont not see it because the critics say otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    My Mum said the child actor stole the show, and it was good, but Hugh and Nicole had no chemistry at all.
    Personally I'm just not interested.

Hell yea, i've always wanted to visit Australia, but i've no desire to see this mess (and i LOVE hugh jackman). My friend saw it and fell asleep midway through.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information