Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lipstick Jungle, My Own Worst Enemy, MadTV cancelled

Default Lipstick Jungle, My Own Worst Enemy, MadTV cancelled

No big shock here: Sources confirm that NBC has canceled struggling dramas Lipstick Jungle and My Own Worst Enemy. NBC isn't commenting, but multiple insiders tell me that the network informed Enemy and Lipstick producers that they would not be ordering additional episodes. It's unclear whether both shows will be pulled from the schedule immediately. Five unaired episodes remain for each.
    Anyone crushed?

Breaking: NBC Axes 'Lipstick,' 'Enemy' | | Ausiello Files | EW.com

Though the high-profile political season has gifted Saturday Night Live with some killer ratings, it apparently hasn't floated all sketch comedy boats. Rumors started circulating today that Fox's MADtv was canceled in the middle of its fourteenth season, so Defamer checked in with one of our operatives to get the scoop: "It's true," said the highly-placed source. "We're finishing out the season, then we're done."
    Fox had been experimenting with potential MADtv replacements over the last few years, though none of its hush-hush, taped pilots ever made it to series. We're hearing, though, that the network has currently decided to keep its other late-night offering, Talk Show with Spike Feresten. Developing!

Defamer Exclusive: 'MADtv' Canceled
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good, I hated Lipstick Jungle. I never watched MOWE, but I am disappointed for Christian Slater. Haven't watched MadTv in quite a while.

I think if given more time MOWE could be a really good show. Christian Slater is awesome in it.

[QUOTE=mrs.v;1468241]No big shock here: Sources confirm that NBC has canceled struggling drama Lipstick Jungle. NBC isn't commenting, but multiple insiders tell me that the network informed Lipstick producers that they would not be ordering additional episodes. It's unclear whether the show will be pulled from the schedule immediately. Five unaired episodes remain. Anyone crushed?

Breaking: NBC Axes 'Lipstick,' | | Ausiello Files | EW.com

I AM HEARTBROKEN!
    Where else can I see my Robert Buckley?!?!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I liked the few L. Jungle episodes I saw.

Tonja... I know you are going to go through withdrawal. Maybe Buckley will get a movie deal. I sowwy! Hugs.

Dude, MadTV? Wow.

That My Own Worst Enemy show was terrible. Hubby and I watched the premier. Yuck.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Madtv was an o.k.....there is alot worse on
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Elite Member

I kind of like MadTV, but I'm sure getting trounced in the ratings wars with SNL when they should have gotten at least a few more viewers during this political season didn't help.

Elite Member

Lipstick Jungle was one of the few shows I would TIVO each week. I can't understand how come every show I like gets cancelled, yet their are 100 other shitty shows that are still on the air. Oh well......

I always thought years ago MADTV was so much better than SNL, what the hell happened? Yes, that My Own Worse Enemy Show was pretty awful...

I love MadTV, but I feel it hasn't been good since Debra Wilson left. I actually don't think I've seen any full episodes from the past 2 or so seasons.

I wish they'd release season 2 on dvd already. They had an advertisement for it in the season 1 dvd but so far nothing

Fortunately, I never watched/became attached to any of these shows. Networks are so quick to cancel underperforming shows these days.

I'm still pissed that Arrested Development got axed. Yes, I know that Fox gave it 3 seasons to (fail to) find a wider audience. I loved that show and could never understand why none of my friends/family "got" it. Clever television.

SVZ

arrested development is the best show ever! i'm excited for the movie

Default Brooke Shields denies her show has been cancelled

Usmagazine.com | News - Brooke Shields: Lipstick Jungle Isn't Canceled

Brooke Shields: Lipstick Jungle Isn't Canceled Monday November 17, 2008

[SIZE="1"]Brooke Shields attends the first annual Cookie magazine Kidsfest event at the Urban Zen Center at the Stephen Weiss Studio on November 16, 2008 in New York City.
    Neilson Barnard/Getty Images[/SIZE

]Buzz up!Despite reports, Brooke Shields says her NBC drama Lipstick Jungle hasn't been scrapped.

"They thought that because My Own Worst Enemy has been shut down that the same thing had happened to us, and it's not true," she told reporters at Sunday's Cookie magazine Kidsfest in NYC.

See photos of more stars on set.

"They're not breaking down the sets," she added. "We’re still working. We still have more to do, so it's erroneously presented that we’ve been canceled, thank God.

"Our bosses are saying, 'You’re not canceled, don’t worry. We’re just trying to figure out how to make this make sense.'"

Shields, 43, said fans have already sent in tubes of lipstick to Jeff Zucker, president & CEO of NBC Universal, to show their support.

Can you believe these stars are in their 40s too?

"It's been insane," she went on. "I think that the public outcry has been crazy, and it's kind of wonderful."

Is she optimistic for the show?

"I actually am," Shields said. "I mean, we're basically No. 1 if you look at DVR. And you look at all that. So the public is watching it.

"The problem that they have is it's not the same day live," she continued. "They just need to figure out how to reconcile advertisers' money because the advertisers don't want you fast forwarding commercials."

If the show gets canned, she said she'll be heartbroken.

"The family atmosphere and the excitement of being all together and working -- that’s the perk," she said. "I think they would be remiss if they decided not to continue next season."

Co-star Kim Raver (who also denied that the show's been canceled) said she would take the cancellation "really hard.

"The main thing is that me and Brooke and Lindsay [Price] have such a great time, not to sound corny," she said.

She added, "I think on Monday there are emergency meetings as to what's going to go on. But I know the executives are really pushing it and believe in it."
    Isn't there a blind item about a cancelled show where everyone is in denial about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information