Thread: The Twilight Zone!

Default The Twilight Zone!

Agh! I logged in and everything's disappeared, so I didn't even get to read the latest messages. Who posted here? I still want to talk about this show

The original show used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid. All I needed to do was hear that creepy music, and see Rod Stirling come out, I was hiding.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Glasgow, it feels great to have the shit scared out of you, right? The Twilight Zone seems mostly campy to me now if I think "adult." But it's still one of those unsettling shows for me when I let myself be taken in by it. Like what if aliens did come to Earth in order to harvest mankind for dinner??

Seriously, I'm obsessed with this show and plan on writing about it.

Oh, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but it's Rod Serling Fascinating man!

I have to admit that I have never seen the show. I did however see the movie when it came out...and that was pretty damn freaky.
    'You want to see something really scary?'

I love the Twilight Zone, I started watching it again in the summer. Yeah, some of them are campy, but for some reason I have to watch them now. lol

Are the old episodes available on DVD? I'd love to buy them for my dad (to watch with him!) It was sort of 'our thing' when I was growing up. He taped a lot of them when we got our first VCR, but they are shitty quality...actually I think he threw them all out.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I used to watch this show all the time when I was little. (For some reason as a kid I watched a lot of black and white tv, even though I grew up in the late 80s and 90s)

For some reason, besides for the Shatner "Theres something on the wing!" episode, the one that sticks out most in my mind is the one where the kids go to this robotics place or something with their dad to create a new mom? And they get to choose her eyes and her hair color and her voice and all that? does anyone else remember that one? I think it was called "Sing the body electric" or something to that effect. I dont know why I remember that one so vividly...

Also, theres one that I saw that I THINK was a twilight zone episode, but I cant totally recall...its like, this lady and shes all holed up in her house because shes afraid of dying, so she never lets anyone in out of fear it will be Death come to collect her...and then for some reason she finally lets this guy in and it turns out that its death?? Does anyone remember that one?

I love the one with the gremlin on the wing of the plane. That was hilarious. I like the Twilight Zone movie. There is a ride based on the Twilight Zone at MGM Studios. The Tower of Terror. For those of you who haven't experienced it, it's AMAZING. The best part is when your elevator starts to float through the stars with the windows breaking and the eye (basically the Twilight Zone opening credits). The special effects are outstanding and it's a great ride for anyone who is a fan of the show. They made a movie based on the ride in the 90s starring Kirsten Dunst.

Thread Information