Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: 85th Annual Academy Awards 2/24/13

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    That was nice of both of the men to jump up to help her. I like both Hugh and Bradley anyway, but this makes me like them even more!! You don't get a chance to see a lot of gentlemen these days.
    This was my favorite part of the night. Luv me some Hugh Jackman.

My mom called Seth "very talented". She's mostly deaf though, so most likely she just liked his smiling and dancing.
    BITTER likes this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

And Here's That GIF Of Jennifer Lawrence Nearly Busting Her Face | Dlisted And Here's That GIF Of Jennifer Lawrence Nearly Busting Her Face

The guy all of us paid to grease the steps before Anne Hathaway's win needs to give us our money back, because dude has shit timing.
    If you're reading this, then you obviously survived through the 17 hour-long circle jerk and song and dance marathon that was the Tonys disguised as the Oscars. That mess was just a whole lot of weirdness from start to finish. Hospital emergency rooms filled up with people thinking they somehow overdosed on acid, because that's the only way they could explain the fuckery hitting their TV screens. But anyway, somewhere between me grossing myself out by mumbling to myself "I would" while staring at Seth MacFarlane's Peter Brady action figure face to Michelle Obama announcing the winner for Best Picture (?????), Jennifer Lawrence unsurprisingly won Best Actress for shouting a lot in that Silver Linings Playbook movie.
    When she went up to accept her golden dildo trophy, she tripped, fell and nearly busted her face. Some people laughed, some of us screamed, "IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU, HATHAWAY," and Fist Brown raised both his hands while saying, "It wasn't me." Everybody stood up for the girl who fell and Jennifer Lawrence made a joke about it, but it's not surprising that her ass fell.
    Homegirl had at least three princess canopy beds strapped to her body. Her dress was huge. Every time the camera panned to her in the front row of the audience, all you saw was her face and her big ass dress swallowing everyone around her. Bradley Cooper's hot mom (who stomped on all the hos in her metallic BKs) sat next to Jennifer Lawrence and she probably couldn't see shit, because she had a giant balloon of pink ass fabric blocking her view. If B.Coop can't find his mom this morning, he shouldn't file a missing persons report. He should just check under Jennifer Lawrence's dress, because I'm sure his mom is trapped underneath there.
    And here's B. Coop, his mom and Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars and Vanity Fair's post-Oscars party. Personally, I don't think Jennifer Lawrence deserved to win, but I'm glad she did, because she flipped everybody off in the press room.

Posted by: Michael K
    Login or register to post comments

Bradley Cooper Jennifer Lawrence Oscars

dowcat likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Joaquin and sis may just say fuck it and slip each other the tongue one of these days. Ever since that BI came out, they seem to show up everywhere together.
    Somebody clue me in please!! I find him so entrancing on screen but he's getting into creepy creepy territory for me IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Why not? It didn't influence the outcome in any way. It did not jeopardize national security in any fashion. No one was hurt by her appearance. IMO it is rediculous for people to get upset about this. It is just one more weak thing to grab onto because they have nothing of substance. Where was all the fake outrage when Laura Bush was on in 2002?
    The offensive Tweet aside, I didn't have a problem with Michelle being there (and I thought she looked amazing fwiw). I think people did grumble about Laura Bush, but I guess that was different, though, since the country was in a different "mood" in 2002. Not saying it makes it right. But like you said in the other post, it's not a far or inappropriate stretch for the First Lady to being on there making a tie between education and the arts. It's sometimes nice to see politicians and First Ladies do something a little fun, too. And what in the world has she got to gain from it? It's not like her husband is going for a third term. If I had to put on my cynical snark hat, I'd say what did everyone expect? Hollywood did a lot to elect Obama, whether you like him or not. Politicians are celebrities, and he always was an even more celebrated-by-celebs-celeb president. He's not the same type of politician as Richard Nixon was, part of his appeal was that he was more hip. And if I had to put my tin foil hat on, I'd say they had her announce best pic, because it went to Argo which is a movie about Americans and movie stars (and begrudgingly Canadians) saving the day and it's just a way for our government to further the propraganda that...yeah, I don't know my tin foil hat is at the cleaners.

As for Seth, I think overall the show was pretty funny. One thing I didn't see mentioned which I want to send a personal thank you note to him for, was that song about the boobs where he talks about Kate Winslet showing her boobs in every movie. I feel like I've seen her boobs more often than I've seen my own. I like Kate and I've seen tons of her movies, but sometimes I'm like, "Your boobs? Again? Seriously? This has what to do with the plot?" Too bad Kate wasn't there to react. lol
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Sorry about the double posting, I don't think I can delete this.

Quote Originally Posted by rphuman View Post
    Somebody clue me in please!! I find him so entrancing on screen but he's getting into creepy creepy territory for me IRL.
    Scroll down in this thread.

Joaquin Phoenix and his sister Rain - Oscar Nominees Luncheon 2013

Or more here

CDAN 05/31/12--The family that has sex together, stays together

You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

i was thrilled when she did this. she's so adorable.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

See I found that annoying and thought that her head is getting too big already, and that little girl cute will gone too fast. Whoever tweeted that horrible tweet from The Onion should be gone but I also hate that Little Q seems to be buying her own hype.
    southernbelle and deenz like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Sorry about the double posting, I don't think I can delete this.

Scroll down in this thread.

Joaquin Phoenix and his sister Rain - Oscar Nominees Luncheon 2013

Or more here

CDAN 05/31/12--The family that has sex together, stays together

Ugh. Now I feel icky. But thanks for the links.
    Waterslide likes this.

That child was so cute!

About Michelle Obama- i would bet anything they really thought Lincoln would win. It would have been perfection if it had won. Still,she looked awesome!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

See I found that annoying and thought that her head is getting too big already, and that little girl cute will gone too fast. Whoever tweeted that horrible tweet from The Onion should be gone but I also hate that Little Q seems to be buying her own hype.

Oh come on, she's 9. She doesn't know how to act properly in these situations. I hardly think interpreting her victory move as getting a big head is correct.
    laynes and Sasha like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Her parents should be teaching her how to behave, at 9. This is going to be her career. She has now completed 2 other movies and will be Annie.
    southernbelle likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

OMG! Thank you for the laugh! My day has been sucking, but that just made it.

I can't decide which is funniest.

eta: this was in response to Dowcat's post with all the AH photos. I replied to your post, but I guess I effed up.
    Last edited by Wilson; February 25th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

seth was not the worst host the oscars has ever had but he was far from good. what he was trying to do, ricky gervais did better. i'm also not a huge fan - i think family guy is hit and miss, has some hilarious jokes but the episodes don't really work as stories and it's a bit too slapstick for my tastes.
    i thought a lot of seth's jokes last night were lame, as was the vast majority of the material written for the other presenters.
    i think it's part of a larger problem with the oscars ceremony and not necessarily so much the fault of the hosts - the material written for the ceremonies is just LAME. and then they get these so-called edgy comedians to present this shit but that's not enough to elevate the shitty material. if you're going to hire seth mcfarlane or jon stewart, let them be seth mcfarlane and jon stewart, not watered down versions of themselves doing lame jokes. it's the oscars so they have to play it safe and keep it clean, so just hire safe and clean comedians to do it.

i think steve martin and alec baldwin were adorable as hosts, i wish they'd hire them again. also, tina and amy would do a good job.

my dream hosts for last night's musical-themed awards ceremony would have been trey parker and matt stone but i know that would never happen.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm so glad he didn't win - for this very reason. Oscar's image has been tarnished enough without having incest slime all over it.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Her parents should be teaching her how to behave, at 9. This is going to be her career. She has now completed 2 other movies and will be Annie.

Yeah, but she's still NINE.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information