Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: 85th Annual Academy Awards 2/24/13

My favorite part of the whole night was Dame Shirley Bassey. Goddess, icon, star. She rocked it.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    My favorite part of the whole night was Dame Shirley Bassey. Goddess, icon, star. She rocked it.
    Plus she proved that not everybody loses their voice at an advanced age. She's 76!!!!!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

BITTER, sluce, sprynkles and 3 others like this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I was with my kids last night, watching her sing this, and I was telling them, "This woman first sang this song almost 50 freaking years ago, and she is doing a fantastic job." And of course that went completely over their heads, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    That's what I thought at first, but after seeing pics/gifs I agree that it's Hugh Jackman.

NM, saw some more gifs from a different angle and they both got up to help her:

That was nice of both of the men to jump up to help her. I like both Hugh and Bradley anyway, but this makes me like them even more!! You don't get a chance to see a lot of gentlemen these days.

She was my favourite part as well. And i love that she got a huge standing o and everyone went wild. Plus, I admit I had a mean girls/schadenfreude moment when Adele sang her lame ass bond song and everyone remained firmly in their seats.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Miss Bassey was fierce...
    That was the first time I listened to Adele's Skyfall song...it was not bad.
    I don't know why I was so disappointed when Daniel Day-Lewis won Best Actor...for some reason I was rooting for Bradley Cooper. His was the only BA performance I saw, I guess. I was rooting for either Jennifer Lawrence or Quvenzhane Wallis - both of them were awesome in their roles. I'm glad Jennifer won. I wished it had been Anne Hathaway who had fallen on her face though.
    Seth's jokes were so hit and miss last night. I don't think he'll host again. Billy Crystal may be "safe" but he's consistent. But then, Seth was so much better than James Franco and Anne Hathaway.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I really have to see Beast of the Southern Wild. As much as I love JLaw, I may never see Silver Lining because I hate BCoop so much. I didn't watch the Oscars at all this year. This thread was enough for me, and I will youtube Miss Bassey and Streisand later. I haven't watched a single awards show this season, I'm kinda over it. Maybe next year.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's a very nice apology. Very sincere.

For those interested, this is the tweet they're referring to.

They also had another that was very unfunny that said something like JLaw beat her (implying physical abuse).
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What did the onion tweet?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Seth's jokes were so hit and miss last night. I don't think he'll host again. Billy Crystal may be "safe" but he's consistent. But then, Seth was so much better than James Franco and Anne Hathaway.
    I think Seth McFarlane is really a polarizing figure. There were critics that said he did really well, and other that said he didn't. I had always disliked him ever since his "Family Show" was greenlighted. I resented that some 24 year-old had been given his own primetime sandbox to play in.

However, I laughed, a lot, at his opening last night. And it had to say something about his stature with his colleagues that he got so many of them (Sally Field, Charlize Theron, Tatum, Radcliffe, Levitt, etc.) to do skits and musical numbers with him. And he got two of the biggest awards-show sourpusses to laugh on camera - Tommy Lee Jones and George Clooney. And he sings and dances better than Crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    What did the onion tweet?
    “Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Quvenzhane Wallis is kind of a cunt, right?”
    Lily Bleu likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    “Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Quvenzhane Wallis is kind of a cunt, right?”
    Thanks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thread Information