Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: 85th Annual Academy Awards 2/24/13

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I know it was an embarassing moment for her, but look at how gorgeous the pic came out.
    She looks like Cinderella leaving the ball.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't get the hype with Jennifer Lawrence. But I hardly ever agree with who wins Best Actress.

This thread was a funny read!
    dowcat and OrangeSlice like this.

Yeah that picture of her falling almost makes me change my mind about the dress.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hated Anne H's dress. The top looked like she threw on an apron, and the pointy darts looked like off centered nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    That's what I thought at first, but after seeing pics/gifs I agree that it's Hugh Jackman.

NM, saw some more gifs from a different angle and they both got up to help her:

Ah, thanks. That solves that. And it makes me realize that there were a lot of beards there last night.

ETA: Just read that back and noticed the unintentional double-entendre! Haha.
    lurkur likes this.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

LOL about the double-entendre!

As they were reviewing fashions this morning they said beards were hot on the run way and I started to laugh.

Love that the conservative haterz are bitching about Michelle Obama presenting and about how gay the whole show was.
    Seth82 and twitchy2.0 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    conservatives are already bitching about FLOTUS presenting Best Picture

Michelle Malkin ‏@michellemalkin
    Can POTUS and FLOTUS just relocate the White House to Hollywood and be done with it? #oscars2013

slone @Slone
    Just when you think Michelle Obama can't sink any lower ... she shows up introducing Best Pic at the Oscars. #tcot

JIDF@JIDF

#WTF is Michelle Obama doing here? Remember when POTUS’s and their wives were appropriately Presidential? #oscars2013 #tcot#p2 #tlot

I'm not a Republican and I'm not a Democrat. But I do agree that Michelle Obama (or any FLOTUS/ POTUS) shouldn't have a part in Hollywood Awards shows.
    southernbelle likes this.

Why not? It didn't influence the outcome in any way. It did not jeopardize national security in any fashion. No one was hurt by her appearance. IMO it is rediculous for people to get upset about this. It is just one more weak thing to grab onto because they have nothing of substance. Where was all the fake outrage when Laura Bush was on in 2002?

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    conservatives are already bitching about FLOTUS presenting Best Picture

slone @Slone
    Just when you think Michelle Obama can't sink any lower ... she shows up introducing Best Pic at the Oscars. #tcot

^^^ I would like to think that this Slone idiot immediately killed himself after realizing what an incredibly dopey thing he tweeted out to the world.
    Seth82 likes this.

Personally.. I'm just sick of seeing the Obama's every time I turn on my TV. (for things that aren't political) Felt the same way about the Bush's. They're not celebrities, although I'm not sure they don't realize that. I wasn't offended or upset.. I just don't care for them. Now Bill Clinton on the other hand.. (yes.. i'm a hypocrite when it comes to him).

Well see now, you just lost all credibility. Bill is hot but should be held to the same standards. Whether you like it or not, with the 24/7 news cycle, politicians are celebrities. The First Lady using the Oscar platform to promote the arts in education was not out of line IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    Personally.. I'm just sick of seeing the Obama's every time I turn on my TV. (for things that aren't political) Felt the same way about the Bush's. They're not celebrities, although I'm not sure they don't realize that. I wasn't offended or upset.. I just don't care for them. Now Bill Clinton on the other hand.. (yes.. i'm a hypocrite when it comes to him).
    It's okay to be sick of them. For example, just the thought that Julia Roberts' face might show up on my TV screen or PC is pretty much my cross to bear in life.

My argument is that it is just incredibly stupid to imply that someone is lowering themselves to announce one of the most prestigious arts awards out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Well see now, you just lost all credibility. Bill is hot but should be held to the same standards. Whether you like it or not, with the 24/7 news cycle, politicians are celebrities. The First Lady using the Oscar platform to promote the arts in education was not out of line IMO.
    To be fair.. I did say I was a hypocrite when it came to Bill. He shouldn't be there.. but I wouldn't change the channel like I do for Bush and Obama. Mohandas - I don't think she lowered herself (I'm assuming you're talking about the Tweet). I'm just pushing for separation of celebrity and state. I'm not losing my shit like Michelle Malkin, which is entertaining enough in itself.
    dexter7 likes this.

So happy that Quentin won best screenplay, that Anne Hathaway and Christoph Waltz won supporting and that Ben Affleck won Best Picture. Couldn't believe Ang Lee won for Life of Pi for best director. Boo!! I thought Seth McFarlane looked hot and was a pretty decent host!

Oh and I was thrilled Jennifer Lawrence won. I like the girl more and more.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    To be fair.. I did say I was a hypocrite when it came to Bill. He shouldn't be there.. but I wouldn't change the channel like I do for Bush and Obama. Mohandas - I don't think she lowered herself (I'm assuming you're talking about the Tweet). I'm just pushing for separation of celebrity and state. I'm not losing my shit like Michelle Malkin, which is entertaining enough in itself.
    Laynes, I'm glad that you noticed that I was only homing in on the particularly asinine tweet by Slone@Slone, whoever the hell that is.

And who the hell is Sky Twitchell by the way? When I Google her name, the only thing I see is her Twitter Feed. By the end of the day, most of the hits on Google for Sky Twitchell will consist of comments from me on Gossiprocks saying what a brain-dead, hateful nobody she is.
    laynes likes this.

Thread Information