Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 82nd annual Academy Awards 03/07/2010

^^^
    who cares if the troops like it or not. what matters is if it's a good movie. not that i've seen it yet but i'm just saying.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"Hurt Locker" is also going to be recognized for a lawsuit that was filed last week in Michigan. An Iraqi war vet claims that the movie's about him (I think the guy who wrote it was in his platoon or something), and he wants his share. One of the most obnoxious lawyers in the state is handling the case.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Hurt Locker won, but again proving that Oscars are hardly about what is the best film of the year. Didn't like the movie much.
    I agree. I heard so many good things about it, I paid to watch it on tv before the Oscars. Seemed to be a pro-war propaganda movie with John Wayne in Iraq. After the movie, my husband and I talked about it for a few minutes then watched regular tv. Totally forgettable. I think many times Oscars are awarded to make a political statement for current society, rather than honor the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    "Hurt Locker" is also going to be recognized for a lawsuit that was filed last week in Michigan. An Iraqi war vet claims that the movie's about him (I think the guy who wrote it was in his platoon or something), and he wants his share. One of the most obnoxious lawyers in the state is handling the case.
    for fuck's sake! people are pathetic.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

...and who's bright idea was it to hire Kathy Ireland for the ABC pre-show? she was HORRIBLE
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^^
    i didn't even realise it was her until she said her name when they were saying goodbye. she looks monstrous. and that dress was horrible and so was the gaudy necklace and bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    It's really bugging me because I can't figure out who Kathryn Bigelow reminds me of. Some actress...it's going to drive me crazy.

I think she looks like a better looking Elizabeth Hurley.

It's really bugging me because I can't figure out who Kathryn Bigelow reminds me of. Some actress...it's going to drive me crazy.
    She reminded me of Rita Wilson... I think that's her name, anyway - Tom Hanks wife.

Catherine Keener.

I think she resembles Heidi Fleiss

ETA KB is wayy prettier of course

My laugh of the night:

Was watching at the end of the night with my mom (who is visiting) who hardly ever says anything bad about any celeb and when Barbara Streisand walks out she says: "Oh my, doesn't she look like a second-hand Rose"
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I was so excited about the Oscars, mainly so Avatar wouldn't win the best picture and that Waltz gets his little man that it's insane how I forgot about the actual big night. IT's like when I'm playing the lottery, I'm so in for choosing the numbers, going to the store to post them and then a week later I suddenly remmebre I've forgotten to check whether I've won.

This time it was a pleasant surprise, from this bunch The Hurt Locker deserved the Oscar for best pic and the others too, and I mostly agrre with the other choices (since there are a lot of them I haven't seen), maybe UP as an animation... hm, I was not impressed, even Flushed away was better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Catherine Keener.
    Voila that is who! She really looks like her

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I don't get the hype over Gerard Butler.
    me either

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i hated Miley's dress.
    she's got some very bad posture, her and Kristen Steward or is it Stewart? I didn't see Kristen walk the red carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Okay, since E!'s coverage is over I had to flip over the ABC's, and the people doing their red carpet are even more annoying. The only one I recognize is Sherri Shepherd and she's already made me cringe with her awkward questions.
    I have to say Ryan was much better - why did he seem so short, every woman there towered over him. Ryan from Marietta Georgia and his "Dahlin" sounded cheeser than my Ya'll.

Awwww, I'm liking Sandra Bullock's speech.
    I liked how she thanked her lover... Meryl Streep

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Was Jeff Bridges stoned, man?
    thats Jeff Bridges, he talked like that in all his interviews

Is there some sort of unwritten or written law that says there must be crap/filler in the Oscars? Did we need the dance that woudn't end? Do we need the silly dialogue that the celebs can't read and isn't funny anyway? They give the winner a minute to say their thanks when it takes the readers 5 minutes to say their name.

It was to long.

James Camerons wife looked scary.

Glad Sandra won but Meryl was better, I saw both movies and liked The Blind Side better than Julie & Julia but Meryl did the better acting.

As for best picture. Most people haven't seen The Hurt Locker, quite a few have seen Avatar several times...... the voting is still political.

It's about time Jeff Bridges won! I'm just glad Cameron went home empty handed. Bastard.

Thread Information