Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joss Whedon's new musical, Dr Horrible, is coming!

Default Joss Whedon's new musical, Dr Horrible, is coming!

Dr. Horrible - Featured on BuzzFeed

The first trailer from Joss Whedonís web-only super-villain musical Dr. Horribleís Sing-Along Blog has officially landed. Nerds love: musicals, the internet, and Buffy. Which is why Joss Whedon is a total genius for coming up with this concept. Premieres online in 3 parts: July 15, 17, and 19 (and only available for free until the 20th).

The musical is about a Z-level villain (Neil Patrick Harris, baby!!!) trying to woo a lovely lady (Felicia Day) while contending with pesky superheroes (the amazing Nathan Fillion). Iím pretty sure itís mathematically impossible or scientifically improbable for this to in any way suck. Thatís why you should check out this trailer.

Dr. Horrible

Premieres online in 3 parts: July 15, 17, and 19
    Looks like it's a date with the interweb for me! Joss Whedon is my god...
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I <3 Joss
    I <3 Nathan
    Looks like I'll be busy those days

I just watched the first episode. It starts out a little slow until they get to the laundrymat. Then it gets good.

Campy.

Love the lyrics and Nathan Fillion rocked!

Today is the last day it's free!

I Loved it!

Here's a behind the scenes article

'Buffy' Creator Proves Doogie Howser Can Sing : NPR

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    just watched the first episode. It starts out a little slow until they get to the laundrymat. Then it gets good.
    Campy. Love the lyrics and Nathan Fillion rocked!

Oh Goody Goody, I love me some of that Nathan Fillion
    Downloaded a few episodes on my compu and will now upload them to the ipod.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I watched it all, and loved it. Can't wait for his new show!

Great stuff. I'd love to have a fully-fledged Whedon show already, but I'll take that for now.

The songs reminded me a bit of the Buffy musical.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Keep an eye open for DollsHouse. It's coming soon. I believe he is reshooting the pilot because test audiences couldnt follow the plot. I hope its aired soon - I want to see it!

I downloaded it, but haven't watched it yet. I really can't seem to find the time, which is sad b/c I love Joss Whedon. I never got into Buffy (missed the boat on it, never bothered to catch up, and then it was just done), but I LOVED Firefly and miss it being on TV even if it didn't even last a whole season. Can't wait to see Nathan Fillion in this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I downloaded it, but haven't watched it yet. I really can't seem to find the time, which is sad b/c I love Joss Whedon. I never got into Buffy (missed the boat on it, never bothered to catch up, and then it was just done), but I LOVED Firefly and miss it being on TV even if it didn't even last a whole season. Can't wait to see Nathan Fillion in this.
    they are 10-15 mins each, GO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got to see this! It kicks ass, as I knew it would! Love me some Nathan and NPH.

Oh, NoDay, you should really see Buffy! I only started it (and finished it) this year; we downloaded the first season and then bought the entire series with all the special features. I thought season 1 was just OK, but had a feeling it would get amazing and I wasn't disappointed! I'm a total convert now, it's worth it, I swear. It only gets better and better. And the musical episode! ZOMG!

[/josswhedonfantard]
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I managed to find torrents for all 7 seasons of Buffy. Season 1 is finished and 2-7 are working now, so I will give it a chance.

BF insists Angel is better, he was saying something about the characters being better, even the ones who migrated from Buffy seemed to be better characters in Angel.

I just bought Angel too, hehe. I have yet to ever catch an episode of it, but what the hell. If I give Joss enough of my money, maybe he'll be able to bring Firefly back.

... right?

- Kahlil Gibran

I have seen 1 episode of Angel. It made little to no sense to me because I caught stuff in the middle of storylines and had no idea what was going on. I remember it being sort of goofy, a little more cartoonish than other Whedon stuff I had seen (which admittedly was not a lot at the time). The one thing that I really remember was that I kept pointing out to the BF that it was really weird they would only shoot Charisma Carpenter in close shots of the face and that she must have been pregnant, so I spent the rest of the time trying to see if they had any full body shots (since I already didn't know what was going on).

ETA: I just looked it up, she did have a baby in 2003, which would have been when she was still on Angel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information