Thread: Nim's Island

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Nim's Island

Has anyone seen this movie? I thought it was a children's movie, but according to this SPAM on SPAM, it is for older kids (more like tweens). I think Abagail Breslin is adorable and would love to see her in another movie. Opinions?
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 30th, 2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Piece of shit movie

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I saw it recently. I wish I had waited for it to come out on DVD so I could rent it, because it wasn't worth the price of 2 movie tickets. But it was a cute flick, just don't get your hopes up too much.

Abigail Breslin was good in it, if a bit whiny. Imo, she sounded a bit like she was reading from a script in the beginning of the movie, but she warmed up quickly.

Gerard Butler, who is one of my favorite actors, was good in this movie, but imo, not convincing as a father. He just didn't seem like her father, and I couldn't forget that he was acting and just enjoy the movie. I blame this on poorly written dialogue. Also, I couldn't tell whether he was trying to speak without a Scottish accent or just toning it down, because his accent was pretty thick in some parts.

Imo, Jodie Foster was hilarious. Even though there were a few flaws, she played her character very well, and I was completely entertained. In fact, I think she shorted herself by being in this movie.

It's an enjoyable flick that you can watch if you just want to sit down and be entertained, and only if you're not in the mood to watch something that makes you think about what's going on too much.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks for the great review! Between what you said and the review on SPAM I think I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. Gerard Butler is one of my favorite actors too- he is a very talented actor who can play a lot of different roles.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 30th, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Thread Information