Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Fallon to take over from Conan O'Brien at NBC?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Jimmy Fallon to take over from Conan O'Brien at NBC?

Apr 24
    '08
    Jimmy Fallon Cinches Conan’s Job

Word has it – and by “word” I mean the sorta-reliable people over at Fox News – that Jimmy Fallon will definitely replace Conan O’Brien when O’Brien moves over to host The Tonight Show in 2009. Jay Leno is being “forced” into retirement according to Fox, and a lot of gossip has been whispered over the past year or so regarding O’Brien’s replacement.
    The word is out among the NBC brass: As rumored and bounced around for some time, Jimmy Fallon is set to take Conan O’Brien’s job as host of “Late Night” in 2009. It’s a done deal. Conan, of course, will be taking over for Jay Leno, who will leave the “Tonight” show in May 2009 as part of a forced retirement.

There’s much debate about letting Leno leave NBC etc., but right now let’s just concentrate on Jimmy. He’s the perfect successor to Conan and should have just as big an audience when he takes the reins. Fallon is one of those great underrated performers. This should be the right milieu for him. Fallon, who recently married producer Nancy Juvonen, is said to be thrilled and ready, if not a little scared, about taking Conan’s desk. He still has to pick a producer and a band, among other things.
    [From Fox News]
    NBC is expected to make the formal announcement in mid-May when they present their Fall schedule in New York. Though NBC is “forcing” Leno into retirement, it appears he’s just retiring from NBC. He may do a show on ABC that would replace Nightline and push Jimmy Kimmel’s show back a half hour, into the 12:30 slot. He also may go back to promoting Doritos, which is pretty much the only thing I knew about him before he started hosting the Tonight Show.
    Jimmy Fallon is pretty funny, and does have a bit of a following. But he hasn’t really done much since he left Saturday Night Live in 2006. He was in an independent film called The Year of Getting to Know Us that was screened at Sundance to terrible reviews. Aside from that, it seems that he’s spent the last couple years… just… chilling. Makes you wonder why NBC decided to go with him – but either way, he’s pretty funny, and hopefully will thrive in his new job.
    Here’s Jimmy Fallon in Beverly Hills on March 20th. Images thanks to WENN.
    Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Jimmy Fallon Cinches Conan’s Job

Jimmy Fallon sucks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh GAWD I hope so, he is so hawt. I would be so happy with this turn of events. Too bad I am too old to stay up late and watch him.

It will fail.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It is unbelievable how much of a disaster this will be for NBC -

Conan will not transfer very well to the earlier time slot, he has already been getting beat by Ferguson late night so Letterman should cream him.

Leno isn't gonna "retire" and will prob. wind up as competition on another channel.

Then Jimmy Fallon will come on at 1230 - a guy who made a career on SNL of doing nothing but laughing at himself and acting silly while Tina Fey carried him. He is gonna bomb the same way he bombed in everything else he has done since SNL - anyone seen Taxi?

NBC's late night lineup goes tits up May 2009.

i don't get leno or letterman's appeal. of all of them, the only one that's still watchable is conan. haven't watched ferguson yet and jimmy kimmel is an unfunny moron. i HATE his brand of idiotic lowbrow humour.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

^check out Ferguson, he reminds me of Conan in the early yrs. - no idea what he's doing so he's just having fun.

yeah, conan lost a lot of his appeal when he became more 'professional'. i liked the craziness and absurd humour of the early years.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    Conan will not transfer very well to the earlier time slot, he has already been getting beat by Ferguson late night so Letterman should cream him.
    Craig is better than any of them. I never got Conan.
    I love you my frisky little monkey!!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Craig is better than any of them. I never got Conan. I love you my frisky little monkey!!!!
    Early Conan with Andy was funny because they had no idea what they were doing and watching them stumble finding their way was hilariously unpredictable - which is whats great about Craig, he's not trying to manufacture a laugh, he's just having fun.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNIKBGOGSI[/YOUTUBE]

Elite Member

He does look hot in that pic above. I love Jimmy Fallon. I like silly men that make me laugh. They are a lot of fun in bed

i dont find any of them funny. well cept Jimmy Kimmel.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

yeah well Craigs up there telling jokes and I'm sitting in my TV chair wondering what he wears under his kilt. He's the first and only hot looking host oh yeah he makes me laugh too

I think Craig Ferguson should replace Conan. I think it's time Craig was moved into the likes of a bigger audience.

Late Night with Craig Ferguson already has a great ring to it.

By the way, who's Jimmy Fallon?

Fallon sucks. I can just see it now, every little skit they do at the beginning of the show will crash when he starts breaking character and laughing at something that wasn't even that funny to begin with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information