Thread: Can you believe Randal didn't give Rebecca a job?

Default Can you believe Randal didn't give Rebecca a job?

For thos of you who watched the Apprentice, I was a HUGE Randal fan until he didnt give Rebecca a job when Trump asked. WTF!?!?! I can see he didn't want his win to be 'diluted' by there being 2 Apprentices, but still. It made him look like such an arrogant pig! How would it have affected him to let her have a job too? He was still the overall winner! Anyone else think it was a crappy move on his part?
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Default Re: Can you believe Randal didn't give Rebecca a job?

I thought he was 100% right. And who's to say she won't get hired for something else at some point? I'm sorry, but she got the easier job by far - how can you complete a task where whoever raised the most money won, and not raise any money? I loved how you could bid on items and the proceeds went to the Elizabeth Glaser foundation since she completely screwed them over.

Of course Yahoo! kicked in at the end - I'm sure that was all for show, and the Donald called that favor in.

I thought Yahoo as Rebecca's client kinda tied her hands when they said they didn't want any overt fundraising....
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

You can't let the client run your event. Especially when they KNOW it's a charity event. I thought that was weird, normally she doesn't let people bully her.

Ah whatever, I actually only watch the show b/c my BF loves it. I can't stand Donald Trump!

I just think it was in poor taste for Trump to put Randel on the spot like that. Why should it be his decision as to whether or not Rebecca is hired as well? Isn't it Trump's company? If Trump really wanted both people hired, he should have done so himself rather than let Randel look like the dickhead.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25
    I just think it was in poor taste for Trump to put Randel on the spot like that. Why should it be his decision as to whether or not Rebecca is hired as well? Isn't it Trump's company? If Trump really wanted both people hired, he should have done so himself rather than let Randel look like the dickhead.
    I agree with this. My bf thought Randel come off looking like the ass, but I suppose he was put on the spot. The problem I had is that he was so ADAMIT about her NOT being hired. Think he stressed that too much.

IMHO Trump will wind up hiring Rebecca anyway, in some form or other. She's from Chicago, maybe she'll help Bill Rancic with the Trump Tower that is being built in Chicago right now. I agree with the poster that said Trump put Randall on the spot with that whole thing. Now, Randal could've came out of it without looking as bad as he did. He could've said something like "There should only be one Apprentice - but I'm sure you could find a spot for someone as bright as Rebecca within the Trump organization" - of course when it's sprung on you, you don't think of something like that, though I thought he may say that. Was frankly shocked about how adamant he was about not hiring her.

I liked Randal ... until last night. He was a prick. "This show is The Apprentice, not The Apprenti" . That line made my eyes roll back into my head.

Trump shouldn't have left the decision to him, but he didn't have to be such a cocky prick.

I had a thought earlier... in your opinion, if Rebecca had been hired and Trump asked her if he should hire Randel as well and she said no,etc. would everyone be so pissed at her? I think a lot of it has to do with her being female and so more people feel sorry for her as opposed to if Randel had lost. Then pple wouldn't have cared b/c he's a man and can take it. Just a thought. Maybe it's a slight double standard?

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25
    I had a thought earlier... in your opinion, if Rebecca had been hired and Trump asked her if he should hire Randel as well and she said no,etc. would everyone be so pissed at her? I think a lot of it has to do with her being female and so more people feel sorry for her as opposed to if Randel had lost. Then pple wouldn't have cared b/c he's a man and can take it. Just a thought. Maybe it's a slight double standard?

If it had been reversed and she had said "no" .... it would have been turned into a racial thing.

I haven't watched the show this season, but I saw Rebecca on the Today Show this morning, and the Yahoo people were there and told her that she had a job with them if she wanted it and everyone cheered (they were outside). Something about working in Yahoo Finance.

I think ppl would also think Rebecca an asshole if the situation had been reversed and she denied Randal a job...it seemed like a situation where you just can't say no!

I've read that ppl are making it into a racial situation, saying that it was the first time an African American has won, and now they are asking him to share, and that Bill Rancic was never asked to share the title with Kwame in the first season. I don't think there was any racial motivation behind, it, I just think Trump is always looking for a new 'twist' to keep it fresh.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Bronze Member

I thought it was poor taste of Trump to ask Randal that question. But what was worse was Randal's answer. It showed he has absolutely no character whatsoever. If it were me I would have said yes to her having a job but it would have to be on different terms than the Apprentice job. Like less perks, less money, that sort of thing.

And I'm with alot of you guys, I really wanted Randal to win. I'm a Rebecca fan, because she's the same age as me and has acheived so much, but the better person for the job was clearly Randal. Until he was an asshole.

^^^^^And I agree with you eeyore...I think Trump was just trying to shake things up, kinda like firing four people at once.

Bronze Member

I have a theory that Trump was going to hire both anyway and gave Randall the initial offer. I think Randall jumped up too soon for Trump to make his offer to Rebecca as well, therefore throwing off Trump's timing and the offer to Rebecca as well, thinking Randall wouldn't dare say no to his question.
    But that's just my opinion

Thread Information