Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen [Season 4] - yep, it starts tonight!

Talking Hell's Kitchen [Season 4] - yep, it starts tonight!

I had no idea, the show starts tonight at 8pm. I saw it on an advertisement while watching the news. I know it isn't an April Fool's joke, because I had my Replay TV do an all episodes search, and it's on again, next week. Though I do find it weird that it's on Tuesdays now, instead of Mondays... Not to mention, I thought Hell's Kitchen was strictly a Summer thing, not a "So early in Spring it still feels kinda like Winter" thing. The show must be a lot more popular than I thought (or maybe because Fox is trying to rebound from the "nightmare" (lolpun) that was Kitchen Nightmares?).

Anyway, I looked on the guide, and tonight, apparently Gordon Ramsay gets sick from one of the contestants dishes. I've always heard him say he could get sick from eating it, but I've never seen him actually barf from eating a bad dish (not on the American Hell's Kitchen, at least).

Hopefully this season will be better than the last, I found the last one to be a little bit forced and silly. There's also gonna be a dude with a mohawk on this season, LOL. I am SO recording all the episodes!!!!

I like Ramsays shows on BBCA better than the US versions.

This show drives me crazy because of the incompetence and the scripting.

I love Hell's Kitchen madly, but ...

You know who's going to win from day one. They always stick someone in there who already has the experience necessary for the prize of executive chef of their own restaurant. That person doesn't change at all throughout the series and their performance is the same from the first episode. I think this is terribly unfair to the other person who actually makes it to the final two ... because you see how much that person improves over time. I mean, fuck, look at Bonnie last season. She rocked.

I think they should offer a lesser prize and then give it to the person who actually earns it. The way they do it now just takes some of the fun out of watching it.
    Last edited by aabbcc; April 1st, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

I watch his BBC and US shows.The US ones are definitely scripted,but I love him
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I love Hell's Kitchen madly, but ...

You know who's going to win from day one. They always stick someone in there who already has the experience necessary for the prize of executive chef of their own restaurant. That person doesn't change at all throughout the series and their performance is the same from the first episode. I think this is terribly unfair to the other person who actually makes it to the final two ... because you see how much that person improves over time. I mean, fuck, look at Bonnie last season. She rocked.

I think they should offer a lesser prize and then give it to the person who actually earns it. The way they do it now just takes some of the fun out of watching it.

This is true. I don't recall the first season being like that, though, I remember a bunch of people with equal talent going in to that one.

I never saw the first season, unfortunately.

I was so pissed last season ... Rock bitched and complained the entire time and won. Bonnie worked her ass off and lost. As soon as I saw him open the fucking door, I shut the tv off. I was really furious. Bonnie definitely deserved to win something a hell of a lot more than he did.

If you put someone with the experience on a show like that, there is very little effort involved in winning. Nothing is a challenge. Rock basically floated for the entire season and was handed the prize.

I hate that.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I liked the last one where he sent the woman to study culinary arts.

I liked the second season the best. Better graphics, some scenes had better picture quality, different personalities all around... I loved it. I also read that one of the contestants from that season killed herself, last year.

Last year was just really dull... you immediatly knew who would win... There were three or four chubby guys with dark hair, two with soul patches... It was just lame. I hope this season is a step up, somehow.

the hen in the pumpkin,lol.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Is it just me or does it seem like this year's contestants pretty much all tend towards being society's rejects? That had to be an April Fool's joke and there's gonna be another real cast next week, right? They were just all so strange...

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I liked the second season the best. Better graphics, some scenes had better picture quality, different personalities all around... I loved it. I also read that one of the contestants from that season killed herself, last year.

Last year was just really dull... you immediatly knew who would win... There were three or four chubby guys with dark hair, two with soul patches... It was just lame. I hope this season is a step up, somehow.
    Oh that's sad. Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    the hen in the pumpkin,lol.
    LOL that was foul! or fowl.
    I <3 Chef Gordon Ramsey

This show makes me so uncomfortable. I hate seeing people fail and get screamed at by crazy Chefs, gives me flashbacks of a certain demented Chef I knew in my youth.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Oh that's sad. Who was it?

Rachel. She was the biker chick with the blonde hair who struck up a quick relationship with Heather, the winner. I heard one speculation that she killed herself over a failed romance. It's sad, she seemed like a genuinely wonderful person.

i like Gordon Ramsey, but i just want to scream sometimes when i watch him go apeshit. he's gonna blow a vessel.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information