Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 666 Park Avenue

Elite Member

I liked it! People are comparing it to Devil's Advocate but I see more similarities to the show American Gothic (which I loved). The world wasn't ready for the awesomeness that was American Gothic.

I thought Terry O'Quinn was really sinister. The other characters are kind of blah but I'm sure they'll get fleshed out. I hope this doesn't get cancelled. That happens a lot...I'll start watching a show I really enjoy and BAM! cancelled. Like Swingtown...

Watching it On Demand now. It's LOST meets American Horror Story. None of the style and good acting of AHS or the cleverness of LOST though. It's hokey, like a Stephen King made for tv movie, but I like those too, so I'll probably watch it again.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

OK, I fell asleep early last night and missed this. What happened?

Ok, I just have to say it - people in this kind of swanky joint do laundry in the basement?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    OK, I fell asleep early last night and missed this. What happened?
    You can probably watch it on abc.com. Boy these people like to have dinner and throw parties.

Plot summation:

New manager girl Jane goes to renovate apartment of guy who got sucked into the wall last week who suddenly "moved out". Wonders why no one told her. It's OK, Gavin took care of it. Hears scratching behind the walls. She claws off the wallpaper and plaster and hundreds of black birds fly out, through the apartment, through the window. She calls exterminator, they try to locate the source of the birds, go into the basement. She tells exterminator to take down concrete wall hiding secret door. Meanwhile, she has a nightmare showing a dead guy. Asks desk clerk, he knows nothing. Someone puts newspaper under her door from 50's with photo of dead guy saying he was murdered and killer at large. She asks Gavin about it, he claims to know nothing.

Meanwhile, guy whose wife is in hospital for getting squished by elevator last week keeps peeping at his neighbor, the hot blonde who got hired as his wife's assistant. She comes to hospital to visit, brings things from their apartment for wife. So she had her hands on their keys. Later, when squishee's husband is alone in the shower, hot blonde lets herself in with copy of keys she made. Offers herself. He says no twice, but can't seem to resist her kisses. Did they or didn't they? Squished wife released from hospital.

Other story line revolves around unlucky in love Danielle, who appears to be in her late 30's/early 40's. Tells Gavin she has an internet date the next night. He suggests romantic restaurant. She goes there to meet blind date but gets stood up. Gavin shows up as she leaves, tells her there is a handsome man with him that wants to meet her. They hook up. Afterwards, he suddenly has a wedding ring on and says he never removed it the whole time. Danelle goes off the rails and stabs man. Gavin shows up to help clean up and reveals that Danielle has killed many men over the years as she gets rejected. Including her late husband, the man in the newspaper that Jane asked Gavin about. Turns out the latest victim is a man that had try to double cross Gavin in a 100 million dollar real estate transaction. So apparently Gavin knew when he hooked him up with Danielle what would happen. It's revealed that Danielle is in reality an old woman, but Gavin uses his mojo to keep her looking young through the decades. He also tells her she will be a new person in the morning and he will clean up the mess. The next morning, Danielle looks young again and remembers nothing.

Jane meets Danielle as she gets off the elevator and recognizes her from another dream the night before where she dreamt of the dead man from the 50's again but saw the woman that killed him this time (Danielle). Too weird to believe, she shakes it off. As the exterminator is now dead (attacked by birds and runs out in front of a car), Jane wants to hire a new exterminator but Gavin tells her to leave the birds alone, that they are part of the Drake. Gavin tells Jane to clean up the mess in the basement, meaning that she better seal that wall back up.

Jane goes down to basement, but curiosity gets the better of her and she opens the secret door and goes in to see what's what. Door slams shut and locks behind her.

The End
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thanks, Travelbug!!! I saw the birds flying out of the wall and Jane talking to the young girl but then fell asleep.

I am also now convinced that the young girl is, like Stella Blue said earlier in the thread, the dead daughter of Vanessa Williams' character.

Thanks travelbug! Sounds like it's worth catching up on.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I can't believe that this chic goes down to that laundry room every night by herself. Why wouldn't she wake up her husband and take him with her? I am beginning to want to root for the creatures to kill her stupid ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I can't believe that this chic goes down to that laundry room every night by herself. Why wouldn't she wake up her husband and take him with her? I am beginning to want to root for the creatures to kill her stupid ass.
    That's what I'm thinking! And with all the stuff she's seeing, you'd think, not only would she bring her husband, but a priest as well!

This show is really weird,....

Is this Gavin guy suppose to be something like the Devil, or what? And do you think his wife is in on it? He doesn't mess around,.....he told that girl the writer, that she would never see the guy with the scar again, and he did not lie!!!

^Last ep after we saw Olivia reading Sasha's letter one last time, I really thought Olivia wasn't in on it with Gavin, but maybe she is. Maybe she sold her soul, too, and can't betray him?

Now I'm really getting into the show! It seemed like Gavin wasn't fully in control of everything, but maybe it did all come true as he said. I was surprised at the reveals about Nona - I was increasingly convinced she was a ghost and Olivia was her grandmother. I think they intentionally misled viewers so they would think that, and I'm impressed by the twists.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Pretty weird show. I don't care for that chick that was dressed up as the nurse last night. (can't remember her name) Not sure what her game plan is.....??

I just read that the set of 666 was destroyed in NYC by Sandy.

Really?! That's almost creepy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information