Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Home & Away

  1. #1
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,254

    Default Home & Away

    YouTube - Home and Away Credits Montage 1996-1999

    Anybody out there who used to love love love this show back in the '90s before it became crapola with cheese on top?

    Just listening to the 2nd version of the theme song gives me chills thinking about the characters.

  2. #2
    Bronze Member kiddvideo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156

    Default

    I used to love Home and Away when YTV in Canada aired it back in the early 90's, they started from the beginning so we were 2 years behind.

    YouTube - Home And Away | very first opening credits

    Never saw the any of the episodes after 1991.

  3. #3
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Oh what a shame! You have NO idea how amazing it became, from about 1992 it lost its losery dorkiness and until 1998 it was excellent, quality TV. Loads of dramas. I always thought that for a soap it was excellently produced. There were tornados, landslides, hurricanes, earthquakes, murders, car accidents, bushfires (horrific), you name it.
    Sooo good, and it had lots of stars in it too:
    Isla Fisher, Naomi Watts, Ryan Kwanten, Heath Ledger, um... and loads more.

  4. #4
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    14,533

    Default

    Ah, I love Home and Away. I've watched it since the beginning. I actually think it's good at the moment, with the HIV story and all.

  5. #5
    Gold Member cool girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Love Home and Away...i live in the UK and have watched it from the beginning...we are a few weeks behind. The storyline's at the moment are a bit depressing...so i'm going to stop watching for a month.


  6. #6
    Elite Member Folieadeux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Love, love, LOVE H&A!

    Try and watch it every night and if I miss it I catch up on youtube.

    I can't stand Martha, she's got the biggest teeth and her charachter is so needy and hopeless in regards to men. Hated Lucas - his face was all sorts of constipated. Hated Kit, glad her skank ass is gone.

    Sally is definitely a favorite of mine, going to be so sad when she leaves the screens
    ssabmud

  7. #7
    Silver Member jlo25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    Love, love, LOVE H&A!

    Try and watch it every night and if I miss it I catch up on youtube.

    I can't stand Martha, she's got the biggest teeth and her charachter is so needy and hopeless in regards to men. Hated Lucas - his face was all sorts of constipated. Hated Kit, glad her skank ass is gone.

    Sally is definitely a favorite of mine, going to be so sad when she leaves the screens
    Yeah what are they all about...surely she realises how big and wrong they look

  8. #8
    Elite Member sharon_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    I still love Home and Away, i only started watching it a few years ago but i think the story lines are great

  9. #9
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Awww I don't like Martha actress hate. Come on leave her alone, she lost her partner recently.

    The first time I was drawn back into this show since I stopped entirely, was the year before last when Martha & Jack had that insane burning chemistry. And it lasted forever, and was great. And then at their wedding... wtf? And after that, falling in love with other people three weeks later... wtf? How supremely unrealistic and most importantly, lame. I want a cute couple that stays together, that... I've already written enough. Ugh. Time waster.

  10. #10
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Yes yes yes, old Home and Away was awesome. Haven't watched in ages but I could just imagine how crap it is now.

  11. #11
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    14,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Awww I don't like Martha actress hate. Come on leave her alone, she lost her partner recently.

    The first time I was drawn back into this show since I stopped entirely, was the year before last when Martha & Jack had that insane burning chemistry. And it lasted forever, and was great. And then at their wedding... wtf? And after that, falling in love with other people three weeks later... wtf? How supremely unrealistic and most importantly, lame. I want a cute couple that stays together, that... I've already written enough. Ugh. Time waster.
    Didn't the actress who plays Martha pretty much hook up with another guy straight after her partner died? I remember reading some people making a fuss about that. But I think Home and Away at the moment is just as good as it was many years ago.

  12. #12
    Elite Member sharon_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Didn't the actress who plays Martha pretty much hook up with another guy straight after her partner died? I remember reading some people making a fuss about that. But I think Home and Away at the moment is just as good as it was many years ago.
    OMG i had no idea Jodi Gordan's BF died last year, just read it on her Wiki page...how sad . Jodi Gordan : Goodbye, beloved soulmate | Herald Sun


    She's apparently now dating the son of the Channel 7 boss [the Aussie channel where H & A airs]
    Last edited by sharon_b; March 19th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

  13. #13
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    14,533

    Default

    Yeah that's sad, he was only 23. I didn't know Jodi is only that age now. She seems older somehow.

  14. #14
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    She is. She is definitely older than me, that's for sure.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: December 17th, 2007, 04:49 PM
  3. My pug is home!
    By OCD in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
  4. Home Sweet Home Now Here's the Bill
    By pacific breeze in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 19th, 2005, 08:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •