Thread: Home & Away

Eli

Default Home & Away

YouTube - Home and Away Credits Montage 1996-1999

Anybody out there who used to love love love this show back in the '90s before it became crapola with cheese on top?

Just listening to the 2nd version of the theme song gives me chills thinking about the characters.

I used to love Home and Away when YTV in Canada aired it back in the early 90's, they started from the beginning so we were 2 years behind.

YouTube - Home And Away | very first opening credits

Never saw the any of the episodes after 1991.

Eli

Oh what a shame! You have NO idea how amazing it became, from about 1992 it lost its losery dorkiness and until 1998 it was excellent, quality TV. Loads of dramas. I always thought that for a soap it was excellently produced. There were tornados, landslides, hurricanes, earthquakes, murders, car accidents, bushfires (horrific), you name it.
    Sooo good, and it had lots of stars in it too:
    Isla Fisher, Naomi Watts, Ryan Kwanten, Heath Ledger, um... and loads more.

Ah, I love Home and Away. I've watched it since the beginning. I actually think it's good at the moment, with the HIV story and all.

Love Home and Away...i live in the UK and have watched it from the beginning...we are a few weeks behind. The storyline's at the moment are a bit depressing...so i'm going to stop watching for a month.

Love, love, LOVE H&A!

Try and watch it every night and if I miss it I catch up on youtube.

I can't stand Martha, she's got the biggest teeth and her charachter is so needy and hopeless in regards to men. Hated Lucas - his face was all sorts of constipated. Hated Kit, glad her skank ass is gone.

Sally is definitely a favorite of mine, going to be so sad when she leaves the screens
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    Love, love, LOVE H&A!

Try and watch it every night and if I miss it I catch up on youtube.

I can't stand Martha, she's got the biggest teeth and her charachter is so needy and hopeless in regards to men. Hated Lucas - his face was all sorts of constipated. Hated Kit, glad her skank ass is gone.

Sally is definitely a favorite of mine, going to be so sad when she leaves the screens
    Yeah what are they all about...surely she realises how big and wrong they look

I still love Home and Away, i only started watching it a few years ago but i think the story lines are great

Eli

Awww I don't like Martha actress hate. Come on leave her alone, she lost her partner recently.

The first time I was drawn back into this show since I stopped entirely, was the year before last when Martha & Jack had that insane burning chemistry. And it lasted forever, and was great. And then at their wedding... wtf? And after that, falling in love with other people three weeks later... wtf? How supremely unrealistic and most importantly, lame. I want a cute couple that stays together, that... I've already written enough. Ugh. Time waster.

Yes yes yes, old Home and Away was awesome. Haven't watched in ages but I could just imagine how crap it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Awww I don't like Martha actress hate. Come on leave her alone, she lost her partner recently.

The first time I was drawn back into this show since I stopped entirely, was the year before last when Martha & Jack had that insane burning chemistry. And it lasted forever, and was great. And then at their wedding... wtf? And after that, falling in love with other people three weeks later... wtf? How supremely unrealistic and most importantly, lame. I want a cute couple that stays together, that... I've already written enough. Ugh. Time waster.
    Didn't the actress who plays Martha pretty much hook up with another guy straight after her partner died? I remember reading some people making a fuss about that. But I think Home and Away at the moment is just as good as it was many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Didn't the actress who plays Martha pretty much hook up with another guy straight after her partner died? I remember reading some people making a fuss about that. But I think Home and Away at the moment is just as good as it was many years ago.
    OMG i had no idea Jodi Gordan's BF died last year, just read it on her Wiki page...how sad . Jodi Gordan : Goodbye, beloved soulmate | Herald Sun

She's apparently now dating the son of the Channel 7 boss [the Aussie channel where H & A airs]
    Last edited by sharon_b; March 19th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

Yeah that's sad, he was only 23. I didn't know Jodi is only that age now. She seems older somehow.

Eli

She is. She is definitely older than me, that's for sure.

Thread Information