Thread: Final 'Harry Potter' movie to be released in two parts

Default Final 'Harry Potter' movie to be released in two parts

Final 'Harry Potter' Movie to Be Released in Two Parts

(Getty Images)

Attention Harry Potter fans! There may be only two books left to translate to the big screen, but there will be three movies released.

On Thursday, Warner Bros. announced that the final 'Harry' film, (based on the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) will be released in two parts.
    Part one of the final film will debut in 2010, to be followed months later by part 2.

In a statement, Warner Bros. President Jeff Robinov said, "We feel that the best way to do the book, and its many fans, justice is to expand the screen adaptation. The Deathly Hallows is so rich, the story so dense and there is so much that is resolved that after discussing it with Jo (J.K. Rowling), we came to the conclusion that the two parts were needed to do it justice."

The movies (the sixth is in production now) are based on British author J.K. Rowling's best-selling fantasy novels about the adventures of boy wizard Harry Potter and his friends, as they grow into maturity at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Deathly Hallows, the much anticipated final book in Rowling's series, was published last July, selling 11.5 million copies in its first 10 days — in the U.S. alone.

The final volume is more than 750 pages, filled with several twists and turns as Harry and his friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley take on the evil Lord Voldemort for the last time.
    OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Final 'Harry Potter' Movie to Be Released in Two Parts
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Silver Member

That's great! There's so much left out of the movies and the 7th book really tied up the entire series it would be a shame to cut out too much.

Wonder where they'll split it.

I'm going to be so sad when there are no more movies to look forward to anymore.

I want to kidnap J.K. Rowling and force her to write more HP books (like Annie did in "Misery"). LOL
    Last edited by birdmadgirl; March 16th, 2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: punctuation

Sounds good, but I have to wonder why they didn't do this with Goblet of Fire and/or Order of the Phoenix. Both were very long and had TONS chopped out of it for the movie - I wish they would've been more faithful to those books, too.

I can see where the actors might not be so eager, though.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The actors will be receiving social security before they are done with the films.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Is the guy who directed the last one doing the final movie? I HOPE NOT!! I really hated what they did with the last movie. They cut out WAY too much of the secondary stuff that made the book really good imo.
    “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Eli

By the time the last Harry Potter movie is made, Daniel Radcliffe will be playing Dumbledore.

Weird. The last book had so little action in it, it seems the least likely choice for a split to me. Half the book is spent in a tent arguing.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

So they're just now doing the 6th movie?? Damn, those kids are already getting a bit long in the tooth to believably play high school students! Only Hermione still looks young enough. They better hurry up!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    By the time the last Harry Potter movie is made, Daniel Radcliffe will be playing Dumbledore.
    LMAO!!!

Funny how they could take the mega OOTP and make it into one movie but the DH's they need to make it into two.... ah the smell of money.

When it's over I'll miss Harry Potter but I won't miss J.K. Rowling.

Thread Information