Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Other Boleyn Girl

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Default The Other Boleyn Girl

I saw this movie recently, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. It's not playing at too many theaters, so I had to travel a little bit to watch it.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, even though it's not completely accurate as far as the timeline goes. I love Natalie Portman's acting, and she certainly didn't disappoint while playing the character of Anne Boleyn.

Another star in the movie who captivated my attention is Eric Bana, who plays King Henry VIII. I haven't seen him in many things, but I hope he has a bright future in Hollywood.

The movie was a bit dramatic and played out sort of like a night time soap opera (Melrose Place, anyone?), especially with the conniving, insensitive ways of Anne. But, I still enjoyed the acting and the costumes.

I want to see it really bad b/c I've read the book, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The book took a lot of historical liberties, so I'm not surprised the movie is the same way. It was an enjoyable read though.

^^Me too. I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend because I loved the book.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I am going to catch that this weekend..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Is it just me or does Scarlett look...erm...special in that picture?
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I got the book for Christmas and tried reading it. I found it painful. I love NP and may give the movie a shot. I would rather watch The Tudors, though.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

I'm currently reading the book and will probably see the movie. The book is good so far. I'm about 100 pages in.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

There is one reason I would want to see this: ERIC BANA!!! *drool* so hot...so hot..
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    There is one reason I would want to see this: ERIC BANA!!! *drool* so hot...so hot..
    oo boy, I'm with you
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I got the book for Christmas and tried reading it. I found it painful. I love NP and may give the movie a shot. I would rather watch The Tudors, though.
    IMO, Eric Bana is better at playing King Henry VIII than Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Let me know what you think.

I read the book and loved it. I want to see this but I was kind of disappointed by the trailer. In the book, Mary was dating the king first, and then he took an interest in Anne when she moved back home. The trailer makes it looks like it happened the other way around- like he was dating Anne first and then Mary took him. Did they really completely reverse it in the movie or was this just poor editing?

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I read the book and loved it. I want to see this but I was kind of disappointed by the trailer. In the book, Mary was dating the king first, and then he took an interest in Anne when she moved back home. The trailer makes it looks like it happened the other way around- like he was dating Anne first and then Mary took him. Did they really completely reverse it in the movie or was this just poor editing?
    In the movie, Anne and Mary's Uncle encourages Anne to bed King Henry, with the hopes of producing a male heir. While Anne was trying to woo him, he took an interest in the newly married Mary instead, and sent her and her new husband to Court, where he could have her whenever he wanted. This made Anne furious with jealousy. Of course, this isn't exactly how it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    In the movie, Anne and Mary's Uncle encourages Anne to bed King Henry, with the hopes of producing a male heir. While Anne was trying to woo him, he took an interest in the newly married Mary instead, and sent her and her new husband to Court, where he could have her whenever he wanted. This made Anne furious with jealousy. Of course, this isn't exactly how it happened.
    Not much in the book is exactly how it happened
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm downloading it right now

Quote Originally Posted by DontMindMe View Post
    Is it just me or does Scarlett look...erm...special in that picture?

exactly what I was thinking!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information