Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 dumbest TV shows ever

Default 10 dumbest TV shows ever

From Maxim.com, in response to Mensa's list of the 10 smartest TV shows. Kudos to them for being able to choose ten from thousands of candidates...but 24 is a bad pick, fellas.

The Mind of Mencia
    Thanks to Carlos Mencia's inimitable brand of racially- and ethnically-charged sketch comedy, we no longer see color anymore. Because we stabbed our eyeballs into mint jelly four minutes into the series opener.

Growing Up Gotti
    If Italian-Americans were offended by The Sopranos, they must have been rolling in their pizza boxes over this reality show, which evidently examined how homosexuals have taken over the Mob.

Our nation's terror policy was once compelling and suspenseful, too. But when it started focusing more on John Ashcroft's love relationship with Condoleezza Rice, we lost interest in the war on terror, too.

MTV's Next
    Find the one-date format of shows like Elimidate too high-minded? Then watch the same person go on five dates. Not stupid enough? MTV drives all the potential suitors around in a bus until somebody gets Chlamydia.

Deal or No Deal
    If you've ever quietly seethed while your girlfriend waffled for hours between two-dozen wallpaper patterns at Home Depot, you've beheld the skill required to win up to 20 years' salary on DND.

Walker, Texas Ranger
    The stories were simpler than a Deal or No Deal contestant. Zero plot intricacy, even less character development just Chuck Norris karate-kicking dudes toting uzi's. And it kicked ass.

Saved by the Bell
    Just think what you could have made of your life had you not spent every Saturday morning as a kid watching this mindless high school "comedy" about a demographically engineered group of white kids and their vaguely ethnic friends.

Dinosaurs
    ABC tried to pass off a sitcom featuring people dressed as a family of dinosaurs complete with a baby who would brain his father with a frying pan while screaming "not the mama!" as a satire of modern American society.

Joey
    Who knows why NBC thought the weakest character on Friends could carry his own show. It couldn't have gone worse if his last name was Buttafuoco.

The War at Home
    Michael Rappaport got his own family sitcom. Michael Rappaport is the real-life Joey.

My turn. Other shows that could just as easily have made the list: The Simple Life, Alf, Matlock, The Dukes Of Hazzard, Supertrain, Reunion, Flava Of Love, Sunset Tan, Paradise Hotel, Manimal, The Six Million Dollar Man (I loved it but it was retarded), Star Trek, any Sid & Marty Krofft show (Land Of The Lost, H.R. Pufnstuf, Far Out Space Nuts, Sigmund & The Sea Monster, Dr. Shrinker, Shazam!, etc), Lost In Space (another one I loved but it sucked), Family, Punky Brewster, Bonanza,
    Three's Company,
    etc etc etc.. how much time do you have?

List Of The Day: 10 Dumbest TV Shows Ever
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Joey really was awful, but I recall loving the Dinosaur
    show. I've seen shows so bad (worse than these)
    I wondered how in the hell they even got a pilot made.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I wish the title said this list came from Maxim. I wouldn't have bothered. Um, 24 has had some really good seasons. The last season just sucked.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Hey, I loved "saved by the bell"!

Star Trek? Seriously?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I agree completely w/this list and would probably add a few more...

Mind of Mencia is absolutely unwatchable.

Elite Member

Why is "Alf" not on this list?

WTF? Star Trek owns! Agree about most of the rest. Only add Seventh Heaven and Charmed on that list. I uberhated those shows.

Saved by the bell... I think I had a love-hate relationship. Would watch it because there was not much else to watch but I hated it.

I liked Saved by the Bell!

Mind of Mencia is obnoxious. The fact that he steals most of his material from other comedians makes it even worse.

I liked Saved by the Bell, Dinosaurs and War at Home. No way do those deserve to be on the "Worst" list. I'd replace them with:

1. My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee
    2. Kaya
    3. Maury (he is so fucking creepy and the show sucks).

huh, too bad all the show titles were in yellow... I might actual have been able to read them in any other colour.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Seriously, Alf, that Urkel Show, that show with the little robot girl. There are hundreds more.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Everybody Loves Raymond...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Seriously, Alf, that Urkel Show, that show with the little robot girl. There are hundreds more.
    small wonder...that show was baaaaaad.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Everybody Loves Raymond...
    I've actually lost respect for friends who like this show, though one earned it back by introducing me to flyfishing.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information