Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Real Housewives of NYC

Default Real Housewives of NYC

Admittedly I cringed at the thought of this show when I saw the commercial clips of Ramona and the other blond from Kansas.

But being the curious monger I am I recorded the "preview" show.

So I watch it.

I know two of the women on the show, we're not friends but our social circles over lap and one of them was a client of a designer I worked for many years ago (great stories about that one).

This should be a riot to watch.

And for those watching not from NY (please don't judge NYers by the likes of these women). Unfortunately I suspect that the overview of the Hamptons to be somewhat accurate. OY

Next Tuesday the show starts on Bravo.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I will be watching that shit. Fo sho.

Now I wish I had cable again. I'll have to watch it at someone's house. I hope this thread gets updated.

Just from the commercials I can tell I will hate these bitches. They may have money, and even status, but they (apparently) have no class, style, or grace. They seem very coarse and rather vulgar(much like TruffleHunter) and I would not consider them New York 'High Society'..unless that had gone into the toilet.

Damn When I think New York High Society I think of (older) icons like the late Jackie O. or even someone like C. Z. Guest or the like. Women with grace and class..not new-money famehungry attention whore vulgar brash nasty obnoxious bitches like these women SEEM to be(at least from the commercials). Can they get more shallow, vain, empty, or superficial than the OC gang? Looks like it.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Just from the commercials I can tell I will hate these bitches. They may have money, and even status, but they (apparently) have no class, style, or grace. They seem very coarse and rather vulgar(much like TruffleHunter) and I would not consider them New York 'High Society'..unless that had gone into the toilet.

Damn When I think New York High Society I think of (older) icons like the late Jackie O. or even someone like C. Z. Guest or the like. Women with grace and class..not new-money famehungry attention whore vulgar brash nasty obnoxious bitches like these women SEEM to be(at least from the commercials). Can they get more shallow, vain, empty, or superficial than the OC gang? Looks like it.

I've always been a admirer of Babe Paley and Nan Kempner myself, so I totally get your point.

I went to High School on the Upper East side (that's not where I lived, but I travelled uptown to school), and I would see a lot of old school socialites walking on Madison. They always seemed to have grace, poise, class.

This whole group has had stories running in the NY papers to promote this show, and they all seem trashy to me. You cant make shit shine
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've always been a admirer of Babe Paley and Nan Kempner myself, so I totally get your point.

I went to High School on the Upper East side (that's not where I lived, but I travelled uptown to school), and I would see a lot of old school socialites walking on Madison. They always seemed to have grace, poise, class.

This whole group has had stories running in the NY papers to promote this show, and they all seem trashy to me. You cant make shit shine
    I agree Soj. The tackiness starts right from them being on the show. The real socialites have always been poised and discreet.

Witch - were you an NB girl?

I knew an administrator there and we had lunch in the lunchroom. There were a handful of teen girls at a table all with designer book bags. I asked my friend what was up with that. She said that if you're parents were the CEO's of IMB, a 1000 dollar book bag wouldn't be a big deal.

^^ Nightingale? Lord No, I was a public school girl. I attended Hunter College High School from 7-12 grades

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

A few of my friends went to Hunter. Great school. Miranda from SATC went there.

^^ we have very few famous alums (not me though!)

Young MC went there too....if he still counts as famous

Yes! Marvin graduated with my friend.

If they are as bad as they seem..then there is an up side-we can all hate and snark on them maliciously and to our heart's content with nary a trace of remorse or guilt.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    If they are as bad as they seem..then there is an up side-we can all hate and snark on them maliciously and to our heart's content with nary a trace of remorse or guilt.
    Are you kidding? I'm gonna eat this up. I need Suede to tell me who those decorators are. I need to rehook up cable! Maybe it will be online?

Suede - if you come back....do you know the fake socialites in the Hamptons? Like the wife of the most popular carpet company?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Yes! Marvin graduated with my friend.

cool, he was a couple of years ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Suede - if you come back....do you know the fake socialites in the Hamptons? Like the wife of the most popular carpet company?

Or the six foot tall bleached blonde wife of the ambulance chasing lawyer that is always is his ads in Hamptons magazine??

Hit By Ban Bus!

I <3 NYC
    I <3 that show... hopefully the two loves won't harm each other .. I'll be watching .. Bravo's been making me happy lately and become one of my go to channels

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information