Thread: Howard Stern on '60 Minutes'

Default Howard Stern on '60 Minutes'

As a huge Stern fan, I so looked forward to seeing his interview on 60 Minutes. And of course, I FORGOT it was on, so I didn't see it.....SO PISSED.

Did anyone see it?? If so, what did you think?? How did Howard come off?? Did they portray him as a jerk, or in a good light--or both?

I am so mad I missed it.....hoping to catch it in reruns.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Howard Stern on '60 Minutes'

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    As a huge Stern fan, I so looked forward to seeing his interview on 60 Minutes. And of course, I FORGOT it was on, so I didn't see it.....SO PISSED.

Did anyone see it?? If so, what did you think?? How did Howard come off?? Did they portray him as a jerk, or in a good light--or both?

I am so mad I missed it.....hoping to catch it in reruns.
    I saw it. Howard actually came off well, but as a very complex man with many issues. But we all knew that anyway.

This is going to sound so sappy but every time I see him on television once those glasses are off I'm struck by the kindness I see lurking in his eyes behind that obnoxious persona.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    I saw it. Howard actually came off well, but as a very complex man with many issues. But we all knew that anyway.

This is going to sound so sappy but every time I see him on television once those glasses are off I'm struck by the kindness I see lurking in his eyes behind that obnoxious persona.

He is a very complex man, and I think he can be an extremely kind, generous human being. He can be rough too, and obnoxious....but that's one of the reasons we love him! With Howard I think you either 'get him' or you don't...

Glad to hear it was a decent interview! Thanks Gator!!

RAT BASTARD football game Frank!! Who the hell do they think they are going into the 60 Minutes timeslot???

I used to like him years ago, until he did that business on some music awards show where he got lowered from the ceiling wearing assless pants, calling himself, what was it, Fartman? Anyway, it wasn't funny & he kept hogging the spotlight & some band couldn't even accept their award without him doing his Fartman thing all through their acceptance speech. I haven't looked at him the same since. I don't think he's the awful person he comes off to be, though.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Silver Member

They portrayed him as both obnoxious and smart. I liked him more after seeing the interview but then I saw his girlfriend and thought he was ridiculous again, she had white hair and was very young, it just made him seem like a sleaze. But also he is smart and there is a kindness to him, but he is so confusing to me. How can you make a lifetime goal to be able to say penis or asshole on the radio, how can that be your main goal in life. I think he is funny and witty when talking about politics or current events but he gets raunchy I can't take it. Overall it was a good interview.

He is not stupid, but I can't take all that sexist, racist crap he spews. He has about a fifth grader's sense of humor. And the bimbo girlfriend, puh-lease! She kept saying she likes to do whatever he wants to do just for him. Gag me. And his issues are obvious to everyone else, aren't they to him?
    Keep passing the open windows.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah I missed it, but I'm gonna catch it on cbs.com, I'm a huge fan as well, and i try to listen for a few minutes every morning on the way to work see ya in satelite Howie!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    nice pic ^ go to cbs.com Lynnie and go to the 60 minutes website and you can watch it there!

Thread Information