Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 potentially successful movies in 2008

Default 15 potentially successful movies in 2008

To follow up on the last list, 10 Movies to Look Forward to in 2008, here are 15 movies that might do well in 2008, either due to buzz, merit, or some indefinable quality.
    There are a few more movies releasing in 2008 that might do well, but itís tough to say. Here are my guesses.
    1. 10,000 BC. [Mar 7] The 10,000 BC story sounds utterly boring and unoriginal, the cast is mostly unknown, but the CGI prehistoric animals look really good.
    2. Donít Mess With the Zohan. [Jun 6] Personally, I think this Adam Sandler flick (written by him and the superhot producer Judd Apatow) has far more potential than Ben Stillerís Tropic Thunder, but seems to be getting less buzz. Maybe itís too soon to tell.
    3. Indiana Jones 4: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Does the title sound cheesy or what? And itís been a loooong time since the last one. Do we need another? I like Harrison Ford a great deal, but Indy was one of my least fave characters of his. Still, this might do well, even without Sean Connery.
    4. Iron Man. [May 2] Iíve never been a big fan of Robert Downy Jr, and the trailer for Iron Man is hardly impressive in terms of special effects. But Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L. Jackson, Stan Lee and Ghostface Killah are some of the cast members. Could be big, and it opens well before summer blockbuster season.
    5. James Bond 22. [Nov 7] Daniel Craig is my absolute least favorite James Bond, but this untitled 22nd film in the franchise also boasts the terrific Dame Judi Dench and Giancarlo Giannini. And apparently some people like Craig.
    6. Journey 3-D. [Jul 11] Anytime a movie boasts 3-D, Iím already leery, but thereís buzz about this, and Brendan Fraser is in it. Itís up against some heavy competition on or around opening day, though.
    7. Rambo IV. [Jan 25] Does Sly Stallone still have it? Weíll see soon. The last one was 20 years ago, but this one is written and directed by Sly.
    8. Starship Dave. [May 30] Once, long ago, Eddie Murphy could do no wrong. But after Norbit, Iím afraid to see his movies. But there are miniature aliens and a spaceship in this.
    9. South of the Border. [Aug 8] This is star-studded comedy [Drew Barrymore, Salma Hayek, Piper Perabo, Jamie Lee Curtis, Edward James Olmos, Andy Garcia, George Lopez, Cheech Marin], but director Raja Gosnell has only directed a few movies and they were serious stinkers. Though he did edit Home Alone, Pretty Woman, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Nine Months. Then again, this one revolves around a lost, ritzy Beverly Hills chihuaha.
    10. The Incredible Hulk. [Jun 13] On second thought, no. I donít think Ed Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, and William Hurt can do anything for this. And wasnít there a Hulk movie not so long ago with really crappy CGI?
    11. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. [Aug 1] Itís tough to say whether this third Mummy installment starring Brendan Fraser, Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh (as an evil wizard) has a chance. It might be good, but how many people will drop money to see it in the theaters?
    12. The Spiderwick Chronicles. [Feb 15] This looks like it could be a lot of fantasy fun for the family, and it starts well before the blockbuster season. Could become another fantasy classic with cool CGI, but I think thatíd be even without Seth Rogen, Nick Nolte, Martin Short, Andrew McCarthy and Joan Plowright.
    13. WALL-E. [Jun 27] I havenít a clue what this one is about, other than itís an animated movie from Pixar, directed Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo), and thereís a 700-year old robot. Maybe, maybe not.
    14. Wanted. [Jun 27] The only reason Iím mentioning this movie is because itís based on a graphic novel. Oh yeah, and it stars James, McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Common, Terence Stamp, and Angelina Jolie. Might be big, might bomb.
    15. What Happens in Vegas. [May 16] This is another big maybe starring Cameron Diaz, Ashton Kutcher, Queen Latifah, Rob Corddry and others.
    15 Potentially Successful Movies in 2008 | Movie Crunch
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

I guess they think Dark Knight isn't going to do well... The only one I am looking forward to on that list is The Incredible Hulk...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i'm looking forward to the new bond... mmmm daniel craig
    and maybe iron man because i adore robert downey, jr.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The paparazzi took so many photos of the stars on set of What Happens In Vegas, I feel like i've already seen the movie.

Bronze Member

Cool

the mummy 3 will be a - no Oded and no Arnold

i will see bond 22

The second X-Files movie should be on this list - I can't wait!
    ďWhat are you looking at, sugar-tits?Ē - Mel Gibson

Most sound like crap
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The second X-Files movie should be on this list - I can't wait!
    I am waiting for that one also, I still watch the reruns...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

some of these look interesting

The only movies on that list that I'm waiting to see are Indiana Jones and Iron Man. The rest, whatever. And how come Batman isn't on that list?

Starship Dave was cowritten by Bill Corbett--he who replaced Trace Beaulieu as Crow T. Robot on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

it's sad that i know these things

It'll be Spiderwick (LOVE fantasy novels, especially those designed for kids) and Indiana Jones for me!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Wasn't there already a Hulk flick a few years ago?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^ apparently Mummy's basement dwellers didn't get enough the first round
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Wasn't there already a Hulk flick a few years ago?
    Yes there was. It was directed by Ang Lee and starred Eric Bana. Unfortunately it didn't do so well. This new one stars Ed Norton...i think he is writing it or something...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information