Thread: Narnia returns! First pictures of the new film

Default Narnia returns! First pictures of the new film

It's one of the most eagerly anticipated films of 2008.

And for fans waiting for the sequel to The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, these pictures will certainly whet the appetite.

Prince Caspian - due for release next summer - sees the Pevensie children return to the Narnia only to discover that hundreds of years have passed. Scroll down for more...
    Magical: The great lion Aslan retuns to cinemas next year in Narnia Prince Caspian

An evil king has taken the throne from the true heir, Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes), and a dark gloom has descended on the magical kingdom.
    So, in a bid to overthrow him, the children wartime evacuees from London - set out on another adventure with the help of the great lion, Aslan (the voice of Liam Neeson).

In the film based on the novels by C.S. Lewis - they arrive at the ruins of Cair Paravel on a small island at the shores of the Eastern Sea. Scroll down for more...
    Lucy might think Aslan looks cuddly, but she should know he is fearsome in battle

The Pevensies soon afterwards rescue a dwarf called Trumpkin (Peter Dinklage) from summary execution on charges that he pretended that he had fallen victim to "ghosts".
    He explains that much of the old magic has been lost and the land has been "civilized" under the domain of a race of men from Telmar, and that the
    Telmarines fear and shun the lands around Cair Paravel.

The old inhabitants of the kingdom, talking animals and dwarfs and other fantastic creatures, have been driven into the wild and unfriendly parts of the land to live in hiding. Scroll down for more...
    Battle: A host of talking beasts fight to save the kingdom and restore the prince to his thrown

After the Pevensies have convinced Trumpkin that, though children, they are nevertheless persons to be reckoned with, the four siblings and dwarf travel to find Aslan.
    Acting on his direction, Peter (William Moseley), Edmund (Skandar Keynes), and Trumpkin go to the aid of Caspian and fight a hag, werewolf, and dwarf that were thinking of calling upon the evil White Witch.
    Susan (Anna Popplewell) and Lucy (Georgie Henley) aid Aslan as he restores the Dryads, Naiads, Hamadryads, and Silvans and frees them from their bonds so they will have more people for the battle. Scroll down for more...
    Thrilling: An evil warrior fights in the eagerly ancipated film to be released next summer

The war then ensues and by the end of the film viewers find out who wins and the consequences for the Pevensies.
    But, alas, you'll have to see the rest for yourself. It wouldn't be fair to give the whole story away now, would it?
    Growing up: The cast on the set of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, released two years ago ...

... and in Prince Caspian

Narnia returns! First pictures of the new film | the Daily Mail

Awesome! I loved the first part. To my surprise.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

BLeh, the first movie was ass. It was like a tv movie.

I think I'll boycott it because it sends brainwashing christian messages .
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Having not read the Narnia books, I was surprised at how heavy-handed the Christian messages were. I started giggling during Jes...er, "Aslan's" Golgotha homage, and didn't stop until the end of the movie.

I think I'll skip this one.

Squeeee so exciting! I balance my being stuffed full of Jesus messages with reading the His Dark Materials trilogy .
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Were the books full of Jesus messages? I read them so long ago I don't remember, it must have gone way over my head as a child. I do remember loving and devouring the books though.

Trailer:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbhcKrvb8us[/youtube]

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Beeyotch they're veeeeeeeery Jesus-y, Aslan is basically Jesus and his dad is this omnipotent being - God. There are tonnes of Christian messages all through the books. In saying that though despite the religious messages being thrusted down my throat I loved the books.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

i didnt see the first one, but i see the ads with that creature that looks like a mutant seal. what is it?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well I think the trailer looks fabulous.. Definitely looks like an exciting epic movie.... I think you can watch the film and enjoy outside of the religious undertones if that is something that might bother you because it doesn't preach too you.. It's a Disney movie so its made to be entertaining NOT guilt you into going to church

and if that isn't enough to get you to go how about Prince Caspian?? he is definitely a cutie...

Silver Member SophieOrangeBerry's Avatar

^^ooh la la. Definately a cutie. Lovely dark eyes.

The first one was a bit.. i don't know, I think what Grimm said is right- it did seem like a tv film. Speshly with the effects and backdrops which with all the technology these days could of been a bit better. I did like the choice of actors though. 'speshly the voice for aslan.

The trailer does look good so heres hoping it's gonna be great!
    Darling... Stop confusing me with your wishful thinking....
    Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van...
    Too soon to be out of me bed

The first movie was pretty good. I remember reading the Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe when I was a kid. The movie version wasn't a disappointment.

This second one looks pretty good, too. Might have to check it out.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Did anyone see the latest trailer for Prince Caspian?? it was show during the Super Bowl .. and I have seen it in theaters... it still looks pretty good:
    YouTube - PRINCE CASPIAN Superbowl Spot (in theaters May 16, 2008)

Thread Information