Thread: What’s going to happen with the Oscars?

Default What’s going to happen with the Oscars?

The Oscars are only two months away, and though it might be too early to be worried about: the Oscars have writer’s, too. It’s true that the actors and actresses write their own speeches (explains a lot, doesn’t it) most of the rest of the experience is scripted. That includes the opening, various monologue, and the witty remarks that spice up the occasion.
    In the past, writers have been able to take a short break from the Strike for occasions of this nature. That doesn’t look like it’s going to be the case this year.
    Gilbert Cates, the show’s producer, says that he hasn’t started hiring writers yet and that it’s a little too early. He says he’s sure that this year’s host, Jon Stewart, is probably already preparing and adds, “It’ll be what it’ll be.”
    What’s Going to Happen With the Oscars? | TV Crunch

Eli

Hahahahaha. Never thought of that. They should hire the Chaser's (War on Everything) writers. Then it would be funny.
    Maybe they should just hand out the awards. Anyway, maybe this is a chance for the Oscars to be "reborn". Aka not being shittily obviously paid out.

jesus, just give in to the writers' demands already! they have no problem paying actors millions of dollars for shit work and yet they can't decently compensate the very people that make the shows possible?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    jesus, just give in to the writers' demands already! they have no problem paying actors millions of dollars for shit work and yet they can't decently compensate the very people that make the shows possible?
    I totally fucking agree, and have you heard how they're laying off the crew members in an effort to threatened the writer's into coming back to work. This whole situation is about how the rich want more money and they don't care how they get it. Does an actor really need $20 million for movie, why can't they take $5 million from that and pay the writer's and crew members?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Thread Information