Thread: American Psycho

Default American Psycho

I watched American Psycho this morning (Happy Halloween!) but I missed the first 20 minutes or so. What in the hell was that movie all about? I'm guessing it was about his mind completely snapping (meaning he believed he killed tons of people rather than actually killing them). Thoughts?

Christian Bale is a beautiful beautiful looking man. Is it totally wrong that seeing him run naked, with a chainsaw while wearing white Reeboks didn't totally turn me off?

I'm not going to answer and spoil it for you, the answer would be my own opinion anyway as that topic is always up for deabte. AmPsy is one of those movies you have to watch more than once to truly get it. Actually, maybe you should read the book, which is much gorier than a movie could get away with, but its excellent.

And yeah, Christian Bale treating women horribly was still terribly hot. I don't think he can help it. Even in The Machinist where he looked like an escapee from Auschwitz he was still hot as hell. Its something indefinable about him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

OMG i love this movie and you will too bellatheball but the first time you see it, You are like "WTF IS THIS?!!!", B/C ITs not like other films, you have to detach yourself from the regular shit we're bombarded w/ in our cinemas; its a great film so enjoy and laugh along

and if you like this; you should check out 1996's Freeway with an amazing Reese Witherspoon! that movie will blow your mind

Elite Member

Didn't see the movie but read the book. The book was bad. Just weirdly written and more atrocities towards women than I care to remember. It just gave me the heebie-jeebies so much that I never want to see the movie.

IMO, he really did do the killing because in the book *SPOILER ALERT*

there is a detective who is after him.

Definitely read the book. Well I recommend reading the book, it's a good read, kind of gruesome.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I like the book, but it is harder to get through. What becomes snappy dialogue in the movie is kinda tedious when read. But still, if you want more insight into the character's mind, the book is the way to go.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

I watched some of it and when I went to finish it was gone.
    Thankfully, it was my sisters and she didn't like it so I don't think she'll be asking for it.

I may stand alone, but I didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I watched American Psycho this morning (Happy Halloween!) but I missed the first 20 minutes or so. What in the hell was that movie all about? I'm guessing it was about his mind completely snapping (meaning he believed he killed tons of people rather than actually killing them). Thoughts?

Christian Bale is a beautiful beautiful looking man. Is it totally wrong that seeing him run naked, with a chainsaw while wearing white Reeboks didn't totally turn me off?
    If with Bella... wth? LOL

American Psycho is one of my favorite movies ever. It is hilarious.
    The book is way more gory than the flick, if you can believe that, so I advise checking both out.
    I won't give it away but it's interesting that everyone always has a different theory on what happened in the end. The director of the flick said she tried so hard to make it appear one way but it didn't come across. LOL.

BATEMAN is HOT in that movie.

Reese: But WHY are breaking up with me, Patrick?
    Bale: Because...my need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale cannot, um... be corrected.

LOVE IT!

Thread Information