Thread: Northern Exposure

Eli

Default Northern Exposure

Started watching this in 2005 and I've tamed myself to watching only one season a year. I love it, so sad about the way it ends (spoilered myself).
    Seasons 1 & 2 were the best, but the start of season 4 was great.

Elite Member

I love, love, love Northern Exposure. Watched it way back when it was on TV. I just loved the relaxed feel of that whole town, and wished I could move there. Chris is hot. Adam is hysterical.

I wanted to live there too back in the day. I loved that show.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I sort of felt about this show like I did about "Twin Peaks" - wonderful in the beginning, but got weird at the end. David Chase is talented, but frankly, he had no business anywhere near "Northern Exposure."

Cicely would've been a nice place to live, and it's how I think of Alaska. Whether that's accurate or not, I have no idea.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I love this show, the first several seasons especially. The characters were so well-written and endearing!!! Holling and Ed and Shelley, and Ruth Ann! Aw, remember Ruth Ann?

Janine Turner, John Corbett and Rob Morrow were wonderful and funny and sharp. Turner had great chemistry with both of them.

Eli

Funny you say lily! I always wanted Maggie and Chris to get together instead of with Joel. And is season 2 I think, they were going to sleep together but didn't. I was bummed.
    And then I read that in the end they got together and stayed together, so yay!

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

You guys would like Men in Trees. I hate Anne Heche but I like this show a lot. There are some really loveable characters.

I loved Northern Exposure. Great show! I liked the opening shot of the moose strolling through town and the theme song ... which is now going to be stuck in my head all day.

I used to live in Anchorage. Lord,how I loved that place. Northern Exposure was JUST like it, right down to the Moose. Everyone seemed to be there to get away from something-nobody asked! I was a Southern Girl who never heard the "f" word said aloud,My husband and I drove out in the snow (it never left from September on) on one of our excursions, saw a homemade candy shop and stopped in. It was small and there was Mrs Santa making chocolates! We were transfixed-it was like looking at a dream. She was busy dipping them in powdered sugar and she started talking to a man there saying "I told that son of a bitch I didn't want ...that dumb fucker...told him fuck off...stupid cocksucker".Our jaws dropped-we had never even heard of a Granny who cussed-certainly not as blue as this! We barely made it back to the car before laughing ourselves sick! We loved it there so much-but a long trip back to Dixie-too long.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^Question for ya: what is the health care like in Anchorage? I fell in love with the town on Northern Exposure as well, but I've been scared as a person with a chronic condition even to visit someplace like Anchorage because I assumed that the hospitals wouldn't be like the hospitals in major cities.

I hated that NE ended. Such great writing and acting.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    ^Question for ya: what is the health care like in Anchorage? I fell in love with the town on Northern Exposure as well, but I've been scared as a person with a chronic condition even to visit someplace like Anchorage because I assumed that the hospitals wouldn't be like the hospitals in major cities.

I hated that NE ended. Such great writing and acting.
    Ha! I worked at Providence Hospital-they have great everything! The hunting,fishing,outdoor everything is so great ,they attract a fine collection of nurses and doctors. Fear not! Everything is more exspensive because it has to be imported, but there is plenty of it.
    Winters are hard, but Northern Lights make up for that and then some. Summers are a dream-you can picnic at 10pm and NO SNAKES! Mesquitoes blow in on the Japanese trade winds and are mean. By all means visit. The beauty is astounding.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

McJag, that's great! Thank you.

Eli

Men in Trees is EXACLTY like this show, but I really love Men in Trees now. It's just a great show, even if Anne Heche is in it. Pity nobody watches it. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Watch Men in Trees, you goobers!!

Eli

Yeah! It's quirky and fun and cute and sometimes clever...
    Hey, why don't we just make a MIT thread?

Thread Information