Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF??!! MSNBC is gone from my lineup on Comcast

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default WTF??!! MSNBC is gone from my lineup on Comcast

I turned the channel to watch Keith Olbermann and it's been replaced by The Weather Channel.

I had heard a rumor that Comcast was getting rid of MSNBC, banishing it to premium but I had not idea it was happening this fast!!!

I am PISSED!!!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this??

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

No, but I probably have the premium package. We have everything under the sun. I have seen any of their little comcast announcements about this either.

I love MSNBC. That would piss me off. Now you will not only miss out on Olbermann, but also the new editions of To Catch A Predator!!-(I find the show fascinating). I am stilled pissed at Time Warner for not carrying The Big Ten Network..so no OSU game on TV this weekend!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I hate Comcast!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Soj, aren't they broadcasting games online yet? Hell, I guess not, not enough profit in it unless they're charging!

and WHEW the talk about them making MSNBC premium didn't materialize YET, but they moved it from Channel 47 to Channel 128. Trying to marginalize one of the best commentators on the tube these days (not to mention decent channel)!! I wonder if this change is nationwide. Well it won't work. People who like MSNBC will watch. I find it interesting that Fox News used to be just next door (channel 48). Oh, and didn't know they had new epis of TCAP on there!

And Mel I hate Comcast too, soon my ISP deal runs out and I have to figure out how I want to connect to the internet. We have a Kazillion free wifi connections here in Portland, but the one that's supposed to go on the pole across the street will probably not happen. Too many hundreds of people will connect to it... major $ loss for Comcast.

I hate Comcast too. But I have premium services. Asshats make you buy premium just to get Nickelodeon for your kids so I was screwed from the get-go.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Comcast was the worst! I had their service for about a year and I couldn't wait to move. The picture quality was great, when we had service, but I hated the way they cut into Headline News with their local shit. They took the last 5 minutes of the half hour loop of Headline News, so you would always miss the cute, good story.

I'm glad to hear that they didn't take your MSNBC!! I have Northland Cable (South Carolina) and we don't receive two of my favorite channels: The Disney Channel and ABC Family. It's frustrating because I don't want to pay an additional $40 a month just to get those two channels.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Now that's interesting southernbelle. We get both of those as part of the next level up from basic. Basic is too bare bones. If I could do without cable I would, but most of the shows I like are on cable. I'm not really a network person.

I could not live without my dear Keith Olbermann!! He's smart, funny and easy on the eyes!!

Also, I have to have Comedy Central for my Daily Show and Colbert Report fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Soj, aren't they broadcasting games online yet? Hell, I guess not, not enough profit in it unless they're charging!

and WHEW the talk about them making MSNBC premium didn't materialize YET, but they moved it from Channel 47 to Channel 128. Trying to marginalize one of the best commentators on the tube these days (not to mention decent channel)!! I wonder if this change is nationwide. Well it won't work. People who like MSNBC will watch. I find it interesting that Fox News used to be just next door (channel 48). Oh, and didn't know they had new epis of TCAP on there!

And Mel I hate Comcast too, soon my ISP deal runs out and I have to figure out how I want to connect to the internet. We have a Kazillion free wifi connections here in Portland, but the one that's supposed to go on the pole across the street will probably not happen. Too many hundreds of people will connect to it... major $ loss for Comcast.
    I have the bastards and they just moved some of my channels with no notice as well - one was Court TV! I think I bitched about this in some other thread as well. Anyhow, I guess i have the premium with the box in the living room and the basic in my bedroom. With the basic in my bedroom, I only get up to channel 99 and those used to be live channels... not anymore! all channels in the 70s are just GONE but my bill damn sure didn't go down!!! I got a channel line up sheet AFTER all the channels had been moved! Also, TBS moved from 31 to 51 - I figure they are just steadily moving it up the channels so that eventually they can just take that too. Fuckers!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh damn. Mel you're making me realize that they ARE going to start charging for MSNBC. It's been moved to 128 here, that's the premium realm.

sumbitches. I hope msnbc will air it on their website. I'm not paying more. I'm working on paying less in the near future.

They ran an article here in Orange County a couple of years ago basically saying how people in the Comcast cable area were switching to satellite faster than other areas!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'd have DirecTV if I could... my friends who left this apt. to me bought a house and it had DirecTV on it. They love it, esp. since he's from England and they can now get a whole bunch of cool shows from over there.

Yep, it's gone. You have to have a digital cable box to get that, the Oxygen Channel and Hallmark apparently. And they screwed with the line-up too, but the guide channel doesn't reflect those changes. Weird. What used to be the History channel is now some sports channel and what used to be the weather channel is now the History channel and what used to be MSNBC is now the weather channel. I think. My head hurts a little bit now.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information