Thread: Jon and Kate plus 8

Default Jon and Kate plus 8

I am watching this show on Discovery Health for the first time. Has anyone else seen it? its a couple with twins, plus their sextuplets. The mom has serious OCD, she's constantly cleaning and complaining? i dont know how the husband handles it. anyway, does anyone watch this show?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I do watch it. Kate's a little extreme with the cleaning and I think she's a control freak, but if she wasn't, there would be total chaos in that house.

They have both commented before how the show sometimes makes them sound bitchy and like they are yelling at each other, and they have both said that they don't intend for words to sound as bad as they do when they come out. I can totally relate, because some times, I think I am talking ok, but if it's on voicemail and I play it back, think I sound like a total bitch.

Luv this show! I have seen it since they first aired it as a one hour special last year. This show is on, based on the popularity of that special and the follow up special this year. The kids are adorable, especially Cara and Alexis. Jon seems like a really cool laid back guy. It is amazing how young those two are (he just turned 30 earlier this year!) and to be doing as well as they are with so many mouths to feed. I agree that Kate is overly OCD but she is also a very good mother and who are we to criticize. I wonder where their families are. They rely solely on friends and neighbors for help. In the recent episode where the sextuplets turned 3, they mentioned that their families weren't involved in their lives and a couple of neighbors act as grandparents to the kids (except for Jon's Korean grandmother that we get to meet). It makes me wonder if their families were not accepting of their relationship, based on the way they worded it.
    "I've got a raging clue right now"

I just thought maybe they didn't live in the same area...

I just saw the new episode where they all go to the dentist and it says that his father died a few years ago.
    "I've got a raging clue right now"

I just saw the one where they go to a 4th of July picnic. Kate seems like a serious bitch. She was constantly cutting down her husband and making snarky, snappy remarks to the children.

Mady and Cara are my favorites. They're hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I just saw the one where they go to a 4th of July picnic. Kate seems like a serious bitch. She was constantly cutting down her husband and making snarky, snappy remarks to the children.

Mady and Cara are my favorites. They're hilarious.
    thats the impression i have of her. the husband just doesnt seem good enough for her. and the way she talks to the kids. like they are little soldiers. but i guess to avoid chaos someone needs to be in control, i dunno
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I think she's "off". I understand that she's raising quite a brood, but she's a bitch most of the time. I think she takes for granted that Jon will never, ever leave her.

Still, they have some of the cutest babies.

Default Jon and Kate Plus 8

Anyone seen this show? This couple had twins and then wanted one more and got sextuplets. I have caught literally three minutes of two different shows and Kate (the mom) is a raging bitch towards her husband. Good Lord, she treats him worse than a child. Anyone see the one where they're shopping in a store and she totally humiliates him in front of everyone at the store?

What a fucking peach she is. I can see why he wanted to have one kid with her, much less 8.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Crap, I just started a new thread on this. It didn't come up in the search. Can someone please combine?

Can someone please combine? The existing thread didn't come up when I searched when I posted the new topic. (Please don't give me anymore infractions.)

Thanks!

Elite Member

I've seen this show and find Kate incredibly annoying. How her husband tolerates her, I'll never know. She definitely wears the pants in the family. I saw a recent episode where she was talking about how in tune they are and how they are so respectful to one another and I thought "who the hell are you kidding?"

I want to feel some kind of sympathy and admiration for Kate, but whatever I do admire is tainted by the fact that she's a total bitch to her husband in a manner and at a level that is totally uncalled for. She should thank her lucky stars she's got a gem like him and at least attempt to be nice to the poor bastard occasionally. I can't stand to listen to her talk to him like he's one of the kids (but with less patience than she has with the kids).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

when they sit on the 'loveseat' and she blabs on, his eyes kind of glaze over.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

They would really benefit from some sort of live in nanny or helper. I think the stress of 8 kids pushes Kate, who is already a raging bitch, beyond her limits. She takes it out on her husband.

I missed this week's episode, but the last one I saw was where they took Mady and Cara to the American Girl Doll factory (And left the other six under the care of ONE babysitter- that poor girl!). Kate seemed so much happier and more relaxed when she wasn't having to deal with the whole tribe.

Thread Information