Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And the Oscar should be returned by.....

Default And the Oscar should be returned by.....

After reading the Halle Berry thread, and in honor of Fametracker (rest in peace?)....

Who do you think should return their Oscar?

Halle Berry and Kim Basinger are both hugely undeserving. I think Tom Hanks should give his second Oscar (for Forrest Gump) to Morgan Freeman (for The Shawshank Redemption) and I think Kevin Spacey should give his second Oscar (for American Beauty) to Russell Crowe (for The Insider). Russell Crowe should give his "Gladiator" Oscar to Ed Harris (for Pollock).

Nicolas Cage should give his Leaving Las Vegas Oscar to Sean Penn for Dead Man Walking. Penn should give his Mystic River Oscar to either Bill Murray or Johnny Depp.

Then everything will be right with the world and the planets will be aligned.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good thread. I agree with all of the above switcheroos, too.

I agree with Johnny Depp deserving an Oscar but I don't think Pirates was one of his best!

I think Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) should give it to Joaquin Phoenix for Walk the Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

1993 - Tommy Lee Jones should give his "The Fugitive" award to Leonardo DiCaprio for "What's Eating Gibert Grape?". He portrayed "Arnie" perfectly and realistically without being insulting or degrading to people with mental problems.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I think Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) should give it to Joaquin Phoenix for Walk the Line.
    I think PSH should keep his Oscar. He's a brilliant underrated actor, and was excellent in Capote. He literally became the character even though he barely resembles the real man. Joaquin was great in Walk the Line, and I'm not taking away from that, but I liked PSH's performance better.

I would probably take away Julia Roberts' award for Erin Brockovich and give it to Ellen Burstyn for Requiem for a Dream, another excellent movie and phenomenal performance (no matter how hard the movie is to watch).

I used to think Helen Hunt should give her Oscar to Judi Dench--and maybe she should, but I watched As Good As It Gets the other day and thought, "Huh....Helen Hunt was really good in this."

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Whoopie Goldberg, Mira Sorvino, and Gwyneth Paltrow-- all should give them back!

Has Cuba done anything decent? I mean, since his Spike Lee days... Granted he was the best part of Jerry Maguire, but being the best part of a bad movie shouldn't win you an oscar.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Forest Whitaker should give up his Oscar for King of Scotland to Peter O'Toole for Venus.

Saving Private Ryan and Shakepeare in Love should give up all its oscars, period.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

'Crash' should have its oscar taken away, bronzed in ham and then thrown off an overpass.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Couldn't agree more. Joaquin was Johnny Cash in that movie.

Now if anybody should return their Oscar it's Reese Witherspoon. No way she deserved an Oscar over Joaquin. And Halle Berry is an obvious choice to overnight her Oscar back.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I think PSH should keep his Oscar. He's a brilliant underrated actor, and was excellent in Capote. He literally became the character even though he barely resembles the real man. Joaquin was great in Walk the Line, and I'm not taking away from that, but I liked PSH's performance better.

I would probably take away Julia Roberts' award for Erin Brockovich and give it to Ellen Burstyn for Requiem for a Dream, another excellent movie and phenomenal performance (no matter how hard the movie is to watch).
    I walked out of Capote after 20 minutes, I couldn't help it I was super bored. Maybe he got better throughout the movie. I do like the actor but I personally thought Joaquin became Johnny Cash.

I completely agree on Ellen Burstyn though, she was amazing in Requiem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    agree.

psh totally deserved that oscar. phoenix was excellent in 'walk the line' but that year psh was just a little bit better. it helps that 'capote' was better as a film, whereas 'walk the line' had 2 strong lead actors, but the film itself wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    'Crash' should have its oscar taken away, bronzed in ham and then thrown off an overpass.
    hahaha so true! i'd bitchslap the director with said ham a few times as well.

i would take gwyneth paltrow's oscar away and give it to its rightful owner, cate blanchett for 'elizabeth'. and i don't know which poster said nicolas cage should give back his oscar for 'leaving las vegas' but i don't agree. his performance in that movie was phenomenal.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

1939 Oscar winner Robert Donat ROBERT DONAT for Goodbye Mr. Chips should give his to Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind.

I echo Gwneth Paltrow should give hers to our Cate.

Nicole Kidman should hand her 2003 Oscar back for The Hours and Meryl Streep should be into the best actress category to claim it from her. That way Catherine ZJ can keep hers for best supporting actress 2003.

Oh yeah The Wizard of Oz (TWoO) should have a best picture Oscar. Too bad it was up against Gone With The Wind (GWTW). They should have been joint winners of 1939. So GWTW can give half an Oscar away to TWoO

How Green Was My Valley the 1941 best picture winner should give theirs to Citizen Kane.

i would take gwyneth paltrow's oscar away and give it to its rightful owner, cate blanchett for 'elizabeth'. and i don't know which poster said nicolas cage should give back his oscar for 'leaving las vegas' but i don't agree. his performance in that movie was phenomenal.
    I would have Gwynnie give her Oscar to Cate as well. But, I'm sorry, Nicolas Cage overacted and staggered around and vomited .....and Sean Penn showed a disgusting pig of a monster realizing what he'd done and he did it with subtlety and grace. I believe Sean Penn deserved that Oscar far more than Cage.

Cuba should give his Oscar to Edward Norton. Because....holy schnikes was Norton amazing in Primal Fear.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information