Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gossip Girl

Default Gossip Girl

Alright the show just premiered on the CW network and I was checking to see if anyone watched it and what they thought. It's from the creators of The O.C. and is about a blogger who knows everyone's business, but nobody knows who she is. I thought it was really interesting and I'll be tuning in next week to give it a shot. I know fans of GR would definitely appreciate the nature of the show...
    Here's the website if you guys want to check it out:
    Shows - Gossip Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I read one of the books, i wasn't that impressed. Thats because 16 year and 17 year olds having sex and being in 'love' with a new person every second day doesn't impress me. I'll watch this show at least once though.

i feel like this stupid show is everywhere, whatever it is about, i wont be watching.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Its the last thing young people should be watching, go ahead and fill them with more crap. They're not screwed up enough yet.

^^fucking ditto
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

I watched it, it was very cliche though- I felt like it wasn't a very accurate representation of the upper east side and Manhattan in general (I used to live on the east side, and not everyone is like that).... I watched it mainly to see what locations they were filming on

Yeah, a show about generically pretty blond rich girl. Sounds AWESOME.

Hit By Ban Bus!

ehhh its entertaining ...

i liked it, i will continue to watch. I love the drama of upper class new york kids. The show reminds me of cruel intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

How original...

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

I actually think Blake Lively *who plays the "generically pretty blonde rich girl"* is quite different looking. She is very pretty, but not in the conventional pretty-blonde-girl way. She has a strange nose, which suits her, but she isn't the cookie cutter blonde IMO.

I like the name Blake for a girl, its different.

Quote Originally Posted by veronabrit View Post
    i liked it, i will continue to watch. I love the drama of upper class new york kids. The show reminds me of cruel intentions.
    Yes Cruel Intentions mixed with the OC. While i thought it was ok, it wasn't anything special. I have read the first three books - but i won' be reading anymore until after this season ends (i don't want to spoil things for myself).

Things i liked: Chuck, Serena's mother, Dan and Mr Humphrey (he reminded me of Sandy Cohen) and Blair.

The drama, tension and history between the characters. This will definitely keep me hooked. I want to know the history between Serena's mum and Mr Humphrey.

What i hated: Serena - didn't strike me as someone everyone in school would aspire too; she came across as too dull and mopey. Hopefully she will cheer up as the season progresses.

Jenny - the actress talks too fast and she was like a know it all...she just irritated me.

Also i thought that the pilot episode moved too slowly...i hope that they give the show more energy. What i loved about the OC is things moved fast - plot wise.

All in all i will keep watching as i love teen dramas.

I've read all the books and was really looking forward to the show. I thought it was disappointing and there were way too many moments when I found myself getting bored.

They butchered the casting of several central characters whose roles revolved around their looks. The Jenny, Serena, Erik, and Rufus of the show are completely different from their characters in the books. Honestly, I have to wonder if the casting directors even read the books. Just one example- in the books, Erik is Serena's hot older brother who is a student at Brown. Blair hooks up with him. Making him a suicidal middle schooler just doesn't work.

I agree that Serena is way too dull and mopey. Again, this isn't how she is supposed to be. Blake Lively can't pull off the "sparkle" that makes Serena who she is.

People who aren't familiar with the books might enjoy it, but I'm just disappointed that they strayed so much. I think it might turn out to be an ok show but a terrible adaptation.

Eli

I liked it, as I knew I would. I'm not obsessed... yet. It wasn't super amazing, but it set up a lot of stuff and was captivating. And it has the hottest dad on TV ever.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information