Thread: Man of the Year

Eli

Default Man of the Year

Don't pay attention at all to the advertising of this movie- THIS IS NOT A COMEDY. IT IS A THRILLER.
    Now that that's out of the way... ... I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this movie, I'd go so much to say that it's the only movie this year I've actually liked and I found myself investing in the characters, which is these oh-so-jaded times, seems like a rare thing.
    Usually having so many famous actors in a movie that didn't do well at the box-office screams to me "craptacular!", but in this case it's one of those movies that fails because it's falsely advertised and is good but nobody gave it a chance.
    Give it a go! I promise you, there are two instances where you will jump out of your skin, and one of those (which is eerily like a scene from The Exorcism of Emily Rose, but goes where that didn't), you will almost have a heart-attack.

Who's in it?

Wow, thanks for the info. I totally thought this was a comedy based solely on the trailers, not because robin williams was in it (he's a great dramatic actor anyways). Totally does not seem like a thriller.

There have been several movies I saw which I did not like because it was promoted differently. Most recently Bug with ashley judd I did not like at all because it was marketed as a scary bug movie when in fact it was totally not at all.

Thread Information