Thread: Sunshine

Default Sunshine

Has anyone seen this yet? It's the new Sci-Fi/Thriller directed by Danny Boyle ("The Beach", "Trainspotting" and "28 Days Later") and written by Alex Garland.

It opened in select theatres last weekend and I had the pleasure of venturing downtown to Toronto just to see it. It was fantastic! Even my older sister, who hates Sci-Fi, thought it was amazing. I loved the cast (Cillian Murphy, Rose Byrne and even Chris Evans) and John Murphy's score was wonderful. It's a very intense movie and though the third act is quite jarring, it still maintained an excellent pace.

It's quite unoriginal and is heavily influenced by the likes of "2001", "Event Horizon" and even "Alien", but I still thought it was fantastic. See it if you can!
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Just got back from seeing it...i already knew it was going to be another event horizon/armagedon/other save the planet films...i only went to see it cuz i watch EVERYTHING Cillian is in!!!Just wanted to support him

the movie was really good, got a little scary towards the end (when u know what appeared)lol but i still enjoyed it...the score was beautiful and i'd watch it again

OOo now i have to see it.. i actually just got the "28 weeks later" soundtrack, done by John Murphy.. its brilliant
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It came out here months ago.

It is very much event horizon just with a light / energy has god rather than black hole is evil.

It is better than event horizon though less gore and more humanity / intelligence.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

I'm dying for John Murphy's soundtrack. Apparently, legal stuff has it held back until September.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    It came out here months ago.

It is very much event horizon just with a light / energy has god rather than black hole is evil.

It is better than event horizon though less gore and more humanity / intelligence.
    Event Horizon was ass.. directed by that puking hack Anderson. Ugh. Funny, it's his best work to date, but it's so... B grade.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

The only thing shocking about Event Horizon was the eyes part, the rest of it was crap and full of fail and poo.

Saw this yesterday, great flick. Haunting and suspenseful as usual a la Danny Boyle. Thumbs up

k, saw it.. the event horizon angle was SO not needed. it was like a cheesy afterthought.

I liked the rest tho, but that just kinda sunk it for me.

Thread Information