Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Default The Exorcism of Emily Rose

I don't know if anything has been posted about this movie yet, had a quick look but if it has, I'm sorry. Anyway . .

The adverts for this film have just started here and it comes out tomorrow. The adverts look really good, pretty creepy etc.

Anyone seen it? Is it any good? Me and the other half are going to see it on Friday, I've been going on about how good it looks and don't wanna feel embarrassed if it's crap like I was with The Village!

Default Re: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

This link explains the true story.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_1253.html
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

So no one else has seen it huh?

I haven't seen it but I remember hearing not such good things about it. I think I remember that a lot of it doesn't focus on the exorcism part but more on the court case that ensues after her exorcism. So overall, it isn't that spooky. I was dissappointed when I read this because I also thought it looked good.

^^ Thanks, been googling for reviews and they don't seem to have much good to say about it either, hmm, don't know what to do now The advert looked sooo spooky, with creepy eyes and weird stuff going on. Don't know whether to go now

The boyfs not really into court room stuff, he likes horror and stuff to scare the crap out of him and keep him on the edge of his seat. We watched Wolf Creek a while back and because the plot took some time to get to the gory stuff . . . he fell asleep!

I'm pretty sure he won't enjoy it then. I remember most of the reviews complained that the previews did lead one to believe it would be spooky so it was even more of a letdown.

It does sound boring but I'm still gunna go and watch it. I'll regret it if I don't. Everyone goes on about the village and how crap it was but I still wanna see it!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

I saw it, and I liked it. It wasnt so "exorcism" based. More about the girl and what she went through and those who said she was possessed, and those who said she had epilepsy...it was really an interesting movie. There were some little parts that were sort of freaky, but the point of the movie wasnt to be one of those "make you jump in your seat" sort of movies.

Overall though I liked it and I thought it was good. Made me think...
    Dramatically overdramatic

^^ Hmm, I'm in two minds now. I like deep films that make you think, the boyf on the other hand gets confused (I'm way smarter - hee hee!)

The adverts here (or trailers) are just full of the creepy, scary takes so they're a bit misleading for those that just want a fright fest. I think I'll still watch it but maybe wait for the dvd.

Thanks

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I went and saw it and I've never laughed so hard. Many of us from our church healing and deliverance team saw it together because in church circles it's been known as the film that shows you exactly what NOT to do with someone claiming to be possessed. It was comical in my eyes. So so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    ^^ Hmm, I'm in two minds now. I like deep films that make you think, the boyf on the other hand gets confused (I'm way smarter - hee hee!)

The adverts here (or trailers) are just full of the creepy, scary takes so they're a bit misleading for those that just want a fright fest. I think I'll still watch it but maybe wait for the dvd.

Thanks
    Yeah the trailers over here made it out to be scary horror too, but it wasnt really. I think thats why some people were disappointed with it...it wasnt exactly what they were expecting.
    Dramatically overdramatic

They should really advertise it as what it really is. Then people won't be disappointed because the people who like real horrors won't watch it!

I just read the link that was posted above and found out that it happened where I live.
    That's what I find really scary. I wonder if I know anybody who knows any of these people.
    I can stans watching horror movies when I know there not true, but if there's a true storie behind it, then tha's it for me...

^^ I know what you mean!

I saw it last night, and I must say that its overall a pretty interesting story to watch. The actress that portrays "Emily Rose" was very good I thought, and she was the best thing about this movie! Her performance was creepy!
    After watching i went online to have a look at reviews and comments in general, and it is true that they seemed to have focused a little too much on the court aspect. But I think the possessed actress may be worth giving this one a shot. I also read that there is a more accurate, german version being shot entitled "Requiem".. Sounds like it will be a little better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information