Thread: Beowulf trailer

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Beowulf trailer

It didn't look real!

It looks good but I can't stand Jolie

Weird, it looks all computery.
    Angelina's voice sounded sexy...she looked like a computerized version of herself though...

Hit By Ban Bus!

It looks like they used video game imaging.

I HATED this poem in school. Saw the trailer when I went to see "Potter" and was not impressed by it.

Elite Member

I'm fascinated by the thought of this becoming a film, although I saw another film of beowulf recently made, european, and I only caught the second half - it was very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I HATED this poem in school.
    Me too!!

How did I miss that Angelina Holie is in this?
    I think this would be an awesome movie to see at an IMax theater. I'll probably end up seeing this in the theater anyway because November ends that dry spell of shitty movies between August-October.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

its all CGI-imagery....

Same Trailer, New Angelina Frontal Nudity

- The international trailer for 'Beowulf' is out.

By: Elena Gorgan, Entertainment News Editor

Enlarge picture

A couple of days ago, I was telling you that the Apple released the official trailer for the CGI rendition of one of the oldest and most famous English poems, 'Beowulf'. While the idea in itself was not that spectacular (Hollywood seems very bent on remakes of classic movies or novels, doesn't it?), the fact that the screenwriters, director and cast were all top-notch certainly made it worthy of your undivided attention. In all fairness, maybe the world hasn't seen such a stellar crew involved in one single project since, I don't know, 'Ocean's Thirteen' wrapped up production.

But there's more to 'Beowulf' than just a gathering of brilliant actors and producers: it is also entirely computer generated so, what we're actually looking at is not real, even if there are times when you feel it is. Without getting into the whole controversy of why use lifelike computer imagery when you can use flesh and blood actors, or why go through all that pain of making the characters resemble the actors who voice them when you could instead use them, 'Beowulf' is a very promising project.

Aside from the mind-blowing effects, the eerie feel to it and the powerful images that make up a world where unknown and dangerous monsters roam free (or almost free, if it weren't for brave and bold men like Beowulf to fight and slay them), another thing that is very promising about director Robert Zemeckis' upcoming film is some good-old fashioned Angelina Jolie full frontal nudity.

Just like I was telling you the first time, Angie plays Grendel's seductive mother, who tries to lure and deceive Beowulf, in the hope that, thus, she will be able to avenge her son's death. Her part, almost in its entirety, involves her being naked, so that should be more than enough for all Angelina fans out there to rush to the theater on November 16, when it will be released nationwide. Even more, the studio seems to be counting on the nudity factor as the movie's main attraction (granted CGI doesn't do the trick for the audience), since the new international trailer was just revamped with a couple of shots showing the actress' character in all nude, wet, glistening glory.

So, there you have it: practically, it's the same trailer, save for a couple of new shots that have just been added, showing Angelina's gorgeous and hoofed body. Oh, and try to refrain from going 'Her pony-tail is a bit too Tomb Rider-ish for me!' and just enjoy the trailer. It's, as they say, pretty awesome!
    Same Trailer, New Angelina Frontal Nudity - The international trailer for 'Beowulf' is out. - Softpedia

Beowulf - International Trailer - Brightcove

I like the other actors in this but doubt I'll see it at the cinema - I think it's the kind of thing that I'd like to see on DVD on a wet/windy/snowy winter afternoon!
    Free Charmed.

I didn't notice the CGI until halfway through the trailer. It doesn't look like my cup of tea, but Zemeckis is talented. I love the use of John Murphy's "In The House - In A Heartbeat" in the trailer.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Thread Information