Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Default Transformers

Last night I went to see the new Transformers movie. I wasn't really that psyched, but my husband was like a little kid, he was so excited. The past few weeks, since him seeing the ads for the movie, have been an endless ramble of Transformers trivia, that i wasn't that interested in. I was never into the transformers when i was younger, and didn't know much about them other than they were one thing that turned into another thing. Now I've been enlightened to the relationship of Optimus Prime to Megatron, Bumblebee, Ratchet, etc. Apparently there is also a character (not that i saw in the movie though) named Grimlock. I'm sure our Grimm already knew that. Well anyway, I absolutely loved the movie! It wasn't the kind of movie i generally like, but it was great. The effects were phenomenal. Has anyone else seen the movie? What were your thoughts?

I ve seen it twice, and loved it both times!

The first time, I took the kids, and a blanket, thinking I'd catch a quick nap, but was very pleasantly surprised. It's not just a "kid's movie", it's entertaining for everyone.

The special effects are phenomenal. The second time I saw it, I really focused more on watching the autobots "transform", and payed closer attention to other special effects after watching "the making of...".

My bf dragged me to see, it was good I liked it. He was a big fan of the cartoons when he was younger. lol

Ya movie kicked arse. Special computer effects were phenomenal. they're saying that even as recent as thee years ago the technology was not there to be able to do this. After seeing so much horrible CG crap out there from lazy filmmakers, it was nice seeing this one.

HOLY COW, what an amazing movie!

I, too, was never a Transformer fan, wasn't into those as a little girl and up until a week prior to the movie wasn't interested in seeing it. Then I was hearing all the hype from people around me before seeing the movie, then I went w/ my two workfriends, and OMG, the action pretty starts immediately at the beginning of the movie and doesn't end until 2.5 hrs later!!! So much excitement and tension, I was ready to get up mid-way cos I was so stressed out!!

Fantastic movie. Made so well that EVERYONE can enjoy it.

P.S. Oh, and Josh Duhamel is HOT!
    Go Habs Go!!

Gold Member

I wasn't expecting much from this movie but I really liked it. It was a fun popcorn movie. I can't believe my favorite summer movie this year is from Michael Bay
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Welllll...I am probably in the minority here...but I was not hugely impressed. I actually did love transformers as a little girl (thanks to my two brothers) and I was looking foward to this movie tremendously. I went with my husband and two sons. I found the special effects to be a bit TOO much. I felt dizzy throughout most of the movie. But maybe I'm just too damn old...hubby and boys loved it. I'll probably like it better on my smaller screen when we inevitably buy the movie.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I thought it was great!
    I laughed the whole time.

Forget the movie effects! Was Josh Duhamel nekkid or shirtless in any part of it?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

^^ Sorry to disappoint you, but nope.
    Go Habs Go!!

Well then, I shan't be seeing it.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Anyone notice how Megan's nail polish kept disappearing and then it would reappear? LOL.

Notice when you watch it next time. She had on red nail polish then half way through it was all chipped, then she had none, then in the next shot she had the red back on. lol How directors don't notice little things like this is beyond me.

^^ On Megan, I don't think it was her nail polish they were focusing on...

In fact, I'm planning to see it again tonight with my best friend this time, so I will look out for it.
    Go Habs Go!!

I thought it was a bit too long, but I liked it. Megan Fox can't act. Sorry to her fans, but I think I would have been more believable in that role than she is and I can't act either.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I thought it was a bit too long, but I liked it. Megan Fox can't act. Sorry to her fans, but I think I would have been more believable in that role than she is and I can't act either.
    I agree with the Megan Fox comment. I also thought she looked a lot older than the character she portrayed, and did not seem to "fit" or whatever with Shia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information