Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bloopers and unexplained things on TV shows

Default Bloopers and unexplained things on TV shows

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when TV shows make huge transitions in the plotline without explaining, apparently assuming the audience wont notice? Or when tv shows pretend things did not happen that did?

For 90210 fans I can think of a thousand but here are a few examples of inconsistencies:

1) the Walsh's move to Beverly Hills bc Mr. Walsh's job transfers him, however, in some episodes it says they are renting the house they live in and in others they are living for free as it is owned by the company (they say both). However it never gets explained how they ultimately aquire the house. All of a sudden they can afford to buy it (lease/option?) and the it being a corporate house concept just goes out the window.

2) Brenda and Brandon are said to be juniors in highschool the first season the show airs, however the following year they are seniors again, and it is not until the 3rd season they are finally seniors. so basically they had 2 junior years. It does not even make sense to pretend they were sophomores the first season bc brandon had a car and driver's license already (when he shouldve been 15), and everyone in their class does too

Wow.. I give you credit for remembering what happened on a tv show thats about 15 years old

THANKS! i LOVE 90210 and have rewatched the episodes tons of times thanks to reruns on FX and dvds, all of my friends and I were hooked on it growing up and still are. We were kind of young for it when it premiered but were all addicted by the 3rd season. We were so sad when it ended in 2000

Eli

This happens on Smallville all the time. Like "oh I turned into a vampire and killed a girl with my heat vision... but it's all good! It was probably just a trick of the light."
    Dumb-asses.

Also the age thing in TV shows really bugs me. For instance, what was it recently... ah yes, Ariel on Medium. Season 1, she's 10. Bridget's 6. Season 2, Ariel's 13, Bridget's 8. Season 3, Ariel's 14 going on 15, Bridget's 8...

Or when that new girl played Becky on Roseanne.

Hated that.

At least they made fun of it. Whatever happened to the original Becky, did she die?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think that the original Becky had some sort of eating disorder or drug problem and had to leave the show, so Sarah Chalke (Elliot on Scrubs) replaced her.

I get annoyed when the interior sets for the house that they live in look NOTHING like the exterior shots they show for it. This is most obvious in Full House, where they live in San Francisco in this house but when they walk in or out they have large front and back yards, a kitchen and part of the living room to the left of the front door, and an attic.

On Ally Mcbeal, they never explained where Ally's best friend and roommate Lisa Nicole Carson went. She just disappeared from the show. Shit, they could have at least made an effort at writing an explanation.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think the first Becky in Roseann actually opted to go to college and nothing was wrong

SB--I agree, when the house is inconsistent in some way. I have so many irks about that

In 90210 the "beach apartment" they have in college changes front door locations constantly. Sometimes there is a foyer sometimes there isnt. And they only pay 1500/month for it when it would probably be closer to 5,000-10,000gs a month depending on location. Totally unrealistic same concept as the Friends apt

Characters getting replaced by other actors.
    There's two different ways to go about it, they used both on Dynasty.

1) The guy who played the gay son Steven Carrington wanted out.
    So he got in an accident somewhere on a remote oil drilling platform or
    something like that, went missing for a long period and then finally was
    discovered in some Asian hospital, horribly burned, but miraculously operated
    on by - apparently - the most gifted plastic surgeons on the planet. Why?
    They managed to leave him scarless (and with different colored eyes), but
    they did warn that - since they did not have anything to work from, like photos,
    that he might not look like the same person. Well, of course he didn't, because
    he was played by another actor
    So, it was explained IN the story line why he now looked different.
    Yet:
    2) In the reunion episode of the same series, the original actor played
    the son again, so again some miracle occured, because he looked the
    same again, despite the altering surgery No explanation for
    that one!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

They do some crazy stuff on soaps too. I hated it when the guy who played Kris Kosticheck (however it was spelled) came back years later and played Roman Brady.

There used to be a soap on, I think it was called Santa Barbara and there was a scene where a couple is locked in a sauna, the episode ends with a fade out on a scene of them looking panic stricken--the woman is brunette and the man is tall dark and handsome and has a full beard. The next day, the man is being played by a blonde actor sans facial hair and the scene resumes w them stuck in the sauna

The only thing that ever irked me was back in my soap watching days - Young & the Restless. Victor and Nicky (was that her name???) had Nicolas, and within 2 - 3 years of his birth be became 18

I gave up on soaps after that whole two Roman Brady/John mess. Wtf?

Then, there was Eric Brady. I am going way back here, but I am pretty sure that Eric Brady was born in the late 80s, but in the late 90s, he is fully grown?

L&O:SVU when Hargitay was pregnant was a hoot. As if no one noticed her face was twice it's normal size!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I gave up on soaps after that whole two Roman Brady mess. Wtf?
    I gave up on that soap after Marlena (sp??) became possessed by the devil

I had to add a few more because of DOOL.

I have been DOOL clean for over a decade now!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information