Thread: "Matchmaker" on A&E

Default "Matchmaker" on A&E

This is a really fun new show. So entertaining. Its a female matchmaker based out of Buffalo, NY. Her accent is so entertaining (reminds me of sopranos), and she is really blunt. She just cuts these morons down to size! And man, she gets some doozies on there!

She also gives really good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    This is a really fun new show. So entertaining. Its a female matchmaker based out of Buffalo, NY. Her accent is so entertaining (reminds me of sopranos), and she is really blunt. She just cuts these morons down to size! And man, she gets some doozies on there!

She also gives really good advice.
    John, the 41 year old virgin, was a classic.
    I hope he realizes he is gay and grows the balls to admit it and go on some dates... he has wayyy more chemistry with guys than with girls. I also hope he gets some.. haha.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious John was gay off the bat. Although Im kind of confused as to WHY he didnt know it himself

Oh man, I must've missed this John guy.

I've only caught bits and pieces of the show, but do they set these people up? I mean seriously, do these people really not know what is turning their potential dates off? Like the wanna be rock star who she said is an 8 but when he opens his mouth he becomes a 2? His response - "you think I'm an 8?" It's just like uhhhh....wtf? What rock do these people crawl out of?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

my fave was the fake tanned pirate-looking chick who wanted to do shots at dinner.

Yeah the "rock star" guy was awful. He seemed to learn from his mistakes tho.

did anyone see the "poetry guy" who worked at a coffee house? when he started doing the free style poetry during his date, my stomach crawled up into my throat and I had to mute the sound!!!

/\/\ I only saw that on the previews. But that's the kind of shit that when I see it, I get really embarassed for the person doing it. I get that same feeling when I watch the AI auditions.

Yeh, I got really uncomfortable watching that 50 something mom be so inappropriate with the sex talk on her date. Nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    Yeh, I got really uncomfortable watching that 50 something mom be so inappropriate with the sex talk on her date. Nasty!
    Ohh.. the one with the list? She had like a list of 100-some odd 'qualifications' for men she dates. She said something about always being on her back or something... totally inappropriate. Too bad because her date seemed like a sweet guy.
    The most cringe-worthy was the mid-thrities blonde tart who acted like she was 21. She went on a date with a 23 year old and even he said that she was too immature for him. She was yucky.

LOVE this show!! and how blunt she is especially.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    Ohh.. the one with the list? She had like a list of 100-some odd 'qualifications' for men she dates. She said something about always being on her back or something... totally inappropriate. Too bad because her date seemed like a sweet guy.
    The most cringe-worthy was the mid-thrities blonde tart who acted like she was 21. She went on a date with a 23 year old and even he said that she was too immature for him. She was yucky.

Ironic to me that a woman like that would assume the guy should meet HER qualifications. The sad part to me was her humor is something u could get away with when youre VERY familiar with someone--like if she were talkin to her best friend of 20 years, but just completely wrong with a stranger. And then she mortified when he flirted w the waitress which was crazy bc, yes, it was not right for him to do on a first date---but after she obliterated all standards of conduct and formalities with her mouth

This is one of those shows when I want to scream at the TV - do you really need to have someone tell you what the hell is wrong with you?

Thread Information