Thread: Hostel II

Default Hostel II

OK.. I'm not particularly fond of gore-fests like this, but I saw the first movie and my best friend begged me to go see this with her to keep up the tradition, so I went.
    Like I said, I'm not a horror-movie snob, but I was really disappointed in how the movie turned out. I expected a lot of tension and I even had to walk out of the theatre when I felt a death coming on, but when I came back my friend told me "Oh I wasn't that bad... just cut her throat."
    Compared to the first movie, this one was tame. Dont get me wrong, I'm not sad that I didn't almost lose my lunch like I did during the last one, but I guess I'm trying to say that I was disappointed what with all the hype this movie was generating before it's release.

Anyone else disappointed?

BTW, Typing this.. with a tuna salad in front of me.. not good. I'm so not hungry anymore.. bleh.

You know other people have said the same thing. I liked it. But I am a horror movie freak. Most people I talked to that were okay with the first Hostel did not like this one that much, but those people also don't like horror/gore in the first place. I went into the movie expecting what I saw in the first one, people getting tortured for fun. However I thought there wasn't as much sex as the first one. The first one was like 60 minutes of sex and then 20 minutes of killing. So I was fine with this one. That's why of love scary shit. You don't need a good plot and nothing needs to make sense. All you need is lots of blood, or killer dolls.

Yes it was tame in comparison to the first one and not as suspensful. I was disapointed to say the least.

I really liked the first one. I haven't seen it yet and all I hear is how bad it was. It didn't look good when I watched the trailer. Oh well, I'll wait untill it comes out on DVD.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

The movie wasnt horrible, it just didnt live up to the hype. I had all this tension going in, thinking 'Shit, why do I torture myself like this?' and I was disappointed coming out. The deaths were all squished into the last 15 minutes, the twist was abrupt, and the ending scene was supposed to be tounge-in-cheek but it was just stupid. The deaths were also really different.. in the first they were more drawn out and tortuous, whereas in this one, they died relatively quickly (they didnt even show that one girl get her head lopped off).

A waste of $8.

Thread Information