Thread: Mr. Brooks

Default Mr. Brooks

Loved this movie!

I fell in love with Kevin Costner in No Way Out, and he hasn't looked this good since that movie. It's really dark, but great. Maybe because I have a sinister mind, I don't know. But there's a nice twist to it and William Hurt is awesome! (OT, but I saw him in Portland at this little theather doing a play and have loved him ever since.) Demi is actually very good as well.

The only movie I can remember feeling so darkly satisified after watching it was Interview with a Vampire. I left feeling strangely turned on. Weird, I know.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I was kinda disappointed in this. I usually like movies with Kevin Costner,but not this one.

Liked it!

I caught it at the "dollar movie" tonight, and thought it was pretty good, especially for a Kevin Costner movie. It's really the story that's interesting, anyone could have played "Mr. Brooks", but it was kind of fun seeing KC acting "twisted".

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Loved this movie!

I fell in love with Kevin Costner in No Way Out, and he hasn't looked this good since that movie. It's really dark, but great. Maybe because I have a sinister mind, I don't know. But there's a nice twist to it and William Hurt is awesome! (OT, but I saw him in Portland at this little theather doing a play and have loved him ever since.) Demi is actually very good as well.

The only movie I can remember feeling so darkly satisified after watching it was Interview with a Vampire. I left feeling strangely turned on. Weird, I know.
    You put it so well! I was very impressed by this film. It wasn't as great as it could've been, but the Hurt/Costner duo was so compelling. In particular, I was genuinely startled by the quality of Costner's performance. I've never been a fan, honestly, but this is the film where he finally wowed me. I loved the way he'd amiably lull the audience into a comfortable, complacent mood...and then let Brooks' mask slip. His eyes would suddenly get all cold and predatory, but so quietly. Yikes.

I hear there may be sequels, or at least, that the story was planned in 3 parts. It did feel that way.

The girl who played his daughter was also extraordinary. Her initial scene with him was so disturbing and yet there were no obvious clues; her performance did all the work. Her dialogue was perfectly ordinary, her behavior chipper and cute, and yet somehow...that undercurrent of wrongness was just there. I hope we see more of that actress.

Overall, "Mr. Brooks" was very worth watching. Oh, Demi was sort of dumb as usual. But, no matter really.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

The movie was great. The thing I felt they should have changed was to leave out the part of Demi chasing the other serial killer. I didn't see any point for that and it just distracted you from the main story. A part 2 would be awesome.

I loved it
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Thread Information