Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Universe 2007

Elite Member

Default Miss Universe 2007

Hey guys! Did anyone watch? I am so upset. I think Venezuela was robbed! Brazil and Venezuela were gorgeous and Venezuela answered the question really well. Miss USA was booed because of immigration I guess. Anyhoo, I was really upset and obviously upset enough to start a thread. While Japan was good looking, her dress was a freakin tunic. What are your thoughts?

Well Miss Japan was robbed last year, so I guess this makes up for it. Brazil was good but her, ummm, assets were a bit too much (ducks).

Miss Japan deserved her win just as much as the other Barbie Dolls.* I really thought she looked like an asian barbie too!
    Her dress looked quite classy as well. Miss Venezuela was very beautiful , but she looked a bit amazon for my tastes. She did have beautiful green eyes though.

*I am sure Miss USA, was booed because she fell on her ass during the evening gown round & did not deserve to be in the top 5*
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Elite Member

^^well maybe she was booed because she fell, but someone i was watching the pageant with said it may have been due to the illegal immigration stuff. w/e the reason, her dress was ugly and she didnt deserve top 5 for sure.

^Yes^
    It may even be a combination of things.
    I wasn't impressed with her, I couldnt believe she made it to the top 5. I felt like booing too, but only because she effed up.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Bronze Member

I think Miss Japan deserved to win. USA sure didn't deserve to be in the top 5, not after she fell. What an insult to the other 4 contestants who didn't make the final 5, yet managed to do their walk without falling on their keister.

I don't care if she smiled like a trooper after her fall, there have been other contestants in past Miss Universe competitions who have stumbled and NEVER made it past THAT round.

Quote Originally Posted by D'OH! View Post
    I think Miss Japan deserved to win. USA sure didn't deserve to be in the top 5, not after she fell. What an insult to the other 4 contestants who didn't make the final 5, yet managed to do their walk without falling on their keister.

I don't care if she smiled like a trooper after her fall, there have been other contestants in past Miss Universe competitions who have stumbled and NEVER made it past THAT round.
    miss USA fell? well the 2 min i watched werent enough i guess. I'm so not a fan of beauty pageants.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I thought Miss Brazil was going to win; she got the highest scores in both the swimsuit and evening gown portion, and did pretty well in answering her judges question. I watched the whole damn show, and still managed to miss the portion where Miss USA fell on her butt! As for the booing, I felt bad for Miss USA; some seem to think that she was booed because of Dubya's policies, while others think that it was because she made it to the top 5 despite her fall and lower scores, whle Miss Mexico, who some thought was much prettier, did not.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ofcourse Venezuela and Brazil were absolutely gorgeous but the South Americans can't ALWAYS win it with their super human genes
    USA was cute but tooo skinny.. i was in looooooooooooooooooove with Korea's dress so that gave her bonus points.. but japan was well... my roomate and I just looked at each other in shock when she won....

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I figured Miss USA was booed because America seems to be disliked world-wide for immigration, for the war, you name it. Pretty embarrassing for the poor little thing to fall on her ass like that. Of course, she got up and walked away using her thin little ass and thighs so I don't feel sorry for her.....lol

A*O

Venezuela is the plastic surgery capital of the world and most people regard 'looking good' as a full-time occupation. You can go into the tiniest little shop/cafe in the smallest town and the staff are all in full make-up, hair, nails immaculate etc. So it's not surprising their girls always do well in pageants.

I didn't watch the whole thing (what do you take me for?!) but I think the boo's for Miss USA were the locals expressing their feelings towards America, specifically the immigration thing. It was funny when she fell on her ass though.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

Miss USA had been booed since her arrival at most appearances. The rumor all along was that it was due to the immigration issue. I have to say I felt for her. It's tough enough to be out there, but to not even be supported. Ugh!

I don't think she deserved to be in the Top 5, but it's become almost an expectation that Miss USA and Miss Venezuela will round out your top ladies, deservedly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Miss USA had been booed since her arrival at most appearances. The rumor all along was that it was due to the immigration issue. I have to say I felt for her. It's tough enough to be out there, but to not even be supported. Ugh!

I don't think she deserved to be in the Top 5, but it's become almost an expectation that Miss USA and Miss Venezuela will round out your top ladies, deservedly or not.

I thought Miss Tanzania, bald head and all, deserved to be in the top 5, she was gorgeous!
    Last edited by Moongirl; May 29th, 2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: add pic

A*O

I agree - these African girls have such lovely skin.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hmm, I wonder if Oprah is going to comment in any way about the booing? Miss USA used to be an intern on her show, and Oprah had her on when she won her title, gushing about how proud she was of her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information