Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Default Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Who's coming with me this Thursday (or Friday or Saturday) to see PotC? I love this series, almost as much as I loved Lord of the Rings (yes I'm a nerd, so what)....And this one has Chow Yun Fat!!!

Thumbs up

Oh I'll be there, but probably not until the weekend. It depends on my work schedule. I'm pumped!!!!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I saw it last night...I really liked it!!

it thought Dead Man's Chest was horrific, but this one made up for it....who else has seen it?
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

I want to see it but I doubt I go with the masses this weekend.

Zee

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Who's coming with me this Thursday (or Friday or Saturday) to see PotC? I love this series, almost as much as I loved Lord of the Rings (yes I'm a nerd, so what)....And this one has Chow Yun Fat!!!
    Cool. Chow Yun Fat and Keith Richards. I didn't realize he was in this movie.

I want to see this at the drive in.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

We just come home from the cinema, watching the PotC 3. I really liked it. Keira looks really hot and this is the first time I actually fancy Orlando... It's lot of action and fun
    Enjoy
    Life is a journey - it's the passion that takes you further than your dreams

I saw it last night at an 8:00 showing and I really enjoyed it. It was TOO long though. The ending was great! Also did anyone see the little scene at the end of the credits? If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you stay to see it!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Eli

I saw it on Friday night and it was good fun. MUCH better than #2 (snore!), but not as good as #1. I loved what comes after the end of the world. Hahaha, Jack times one thousand. Classic.

Meh, I didn't enjoy it much. Sure, it was an entertaining action adventure, but I was rather bored to be honest. Johnny and Geoffrey Rush were good, but Keira Knightley always seems to play herself, a pouting english girl, and Orlando Bloom ain't much of an actor either, besides having a pretty face. I have to say that I wanted to see a totally different movie that night, so maybe I was a little bit biased.

From all the fans of the movies (not critics) I have heard it's great. A lot of the fans hated DMC (or thought it was mediocre) but they loved this movie. Most still think the first is the best but this one's getting good reviews from the fans.

I'm seeing it next week but I downloaded it anyway to see what all the fuss is about.

Ok. Maybe a warning should be put at the top of this in case someone doesn't want to know what happened and with that said if you don't want to know, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING!!!!

I really think it sucks what happened to Will Turner. Does anyone feel there is going to be a sequel? Has to be! How can they leave it like that?!

It sucked, I like the first two as well.

The ending was signposted all the way making all the ad nauseum 'Two characters meet and make a new deal - cross, double cross, triple cross etc all very silly.

I watched the original star wars trilogy this weekend ( Mrs EM hadnt seen it and this was just not on ) and the more I watched it the more I realised how much of it was ripped off by POTC.

Turner - Simple blacksmith with a destiny
    Luke - Simple farmer with a destiny

Elizabeth - Governers daughter who needs rescuing
    Leia - Princess who needs rescuing

Jack - Adventuring rogue, selfish and mercenary
    Han - Adventuring Rogue, selfish and mercenary

Hell this movie even starts with them all off the rescue Jack - remind me how did Return of the jedi Start again?
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    It sucked, I like the first two as well.

The ending was signposted all the way making all the ad nauseum 'Two characters meet and make a new deal - cross, double cross, triple cross etc all very silly.

I watched the original star wars trilogy this weekend ( Mrs EM hadnt seen it and this was just not on ) and the more I watched it the more I realised how much of it was ripped off by POTC.

Turner - Simple blacksmith with a destiny
    Luke - Simple farmer with a destiny

Elizabeth - Governers daughter who needs rescuing
    Leia - Princess who needs rescuing

Jack - Adventuring rogue, selfish and mercenary
    Han - Adventuring Rogue, selfish and mercenary

Hell this movie even starts with them all off the rescue Jack - remind me how did Return of the jedi Start again?
    Oh come on, that's the oldest story in the book. It's been ripped off time and time and time and time and time again.

Also, I thought what happened to Will was fucked up until I read more and actually understood it. In the end he does his duty and becomes mortal again to be with Elizabeth so it all turns out fine and dandy anyway.

Ok, someone put a spoilers warning in the title!

Also, does he become mortal? I mean, who becomes the capt of the flying dutchman if he becomes mortal?

and I think there will of P of the C, iV, with Jack looking for the fountain of youth, because did you all notice his HUGE sore on his jaw? what the hell?!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
    Ok, someone put a spoilers warning in the title!

Also, does he become mortal? I mean, who becomes the capt of the flying dutchman if he becomes mortal?

and I think there will of P of the C, iV, with Jack looking for the fountain of youth, because did you all notice his HUGE sore on his jaw? what the hell?!

^^Yeah, I kept looking for it in every scene!

Loved Calypso, and all the "extra Jacks", especially in the scene "Nobody Move!! I dropped me brain!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information