Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Kids by the Dozen" on TLC

Default "Kids by the Dozen" on TLC

Did anyone else watch this show on TLC last night? It featured the Arndts, who have 14 kids, (13 boys, 1 girl) all that live at home. This show irritated the shit out of me. The boys that live at home between 18-25 years old, I mean, are you kidding me? These poor boys couldn't get laid even if Paris Hilton came to live with them! They are the next 40 year old virgins!

And, everyone in that family talked with this weird lisp. It was very distracting.

I immediately equate 12+ kids as bible thumpers. and guess what, they are. Big SHOCKER. and they home school. I really dislike people like this. Those kids are so socially stunted, they will live at home forever.

What are people thinking?

I watched this show, too. They made the Duggars look like frickin' cool rockstars!! That's how nerdy they were!

Oh damn, how'd I miss this? I'm all about those stupid families like The Duggars and John & Kate Plus 8 (anyone caught that one yet?).

I am ashamed to admit that I am completely fascinated by The Duggars. I never tire of watching them. I just don't understand how, why, how...why? WHY??? HOW????? I just don't get it--all of it.

I'll to check these fools out too. Thanks for the heads up.

I actually like John & Kate Plus 8, because John and Kate seem like NORMAL people that just ended up with a lot of kids. Not grinning, glassy-eyed crazies that went through 14 pregnancies because it's "God's Will."

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I actually like John & Kate Plus 8, because John and Kate seem like NORMAL people that just ended up with a lot of kids. Not grinning, glassy-eyed crazies that went through 14 pregnancies because it's "God's Will."
    Yea, Jon & Kate seem like real, cool, people. Like you said, just happened to have sextuplets after having twins. In fact, they seem almost too normal, you know living in that house has to be complete chaos constantly.

Those other freaks though--they ain't right. Not at all.

I watched it last night. Jon and Kate + 8 I understand, fertility drugs run amok. But the nuts who starts pumping out kids as soon as they're fertile and don't stop until they get retarded babies from the rotting eggs... I just don't get at all.

There is a movement called 'A Quiver-Full' meaning if you can have children, have as many as you can by the grace of God. QuiverFull .com

The whole idea is proving your love and devotion to the Lord by birthing as many babies as possible. The birth control section includes "Does the Birth Control Pill cause abortions?" among other gems. And that family planning so you can afford some of life's niceties like cars and college are akin to abortion since they're performed for the same reason, to afford life's luxuries. (their words, not mine)

How 'bout that.

ETA: these Quiver-Full people are the same ones who only believe in their sons getting a higher education because their daughters will become wives and mothers. I saw an interview with them on Nightline and the interviewer was incredulous but oh no- the father was steadfast. Stupid daughters make better mothers.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

^^I think I need to lay down Dean...that shit is WRONG. WRONG I TELLS YOU!!

Time for a drink! haha

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Maybe they are afraid if the women are educated, they will realize there is more to life than operating a baby farm. What idiots!!

Control of women's bodies, minds, and sexuality. New century, same old shit.

I was born in 1970, the youngest of 12 children. Catholics, can you tell? But geez, every kid was out of the house by 18, and none of my siblings have more than 3 kids. Of course my parents are old, 82 and 78 so things were different way back when. My parents never went on welfare and God knows we qualified. My dad worked his ass off to take care of us all.

These idiots today.... geez get a grip. Of course I haven't watched any of these shows yet, but do they mention where the parents work or if they received government aid?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

It appears the Duggars are living high on the hog thanks to TLC. And whoring every minute of it (their life).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I was born in 1970, the youngest of 12 children. Catholics, can you tell? But geez, every kid was out of the house by 18, and none of my siblings have more than 3 kids. Of course my parents are old, 82 and 78 so things were different way back when. My parents never went on welfare and God knows we qualified. My dad worked his ass off to take care of us all.

These idiots today.... geez get a grip. Of course I haven't watched any of these shows yet, but do they mention where the parents work or if they received government aid?
    The Duggars supposedly make their money through real estate, and the Arndts are all "court reporter/transcriptionists" (who knew there was money in that?) And the Arndts also have their own "church."

Silver Member

I enjoy watching these programs. It's really interesting to see how anyone would cope living with that many people breathing down your neck. And then to see them homeschooled is just mindblowing. It really makes me wonder how prepared these kids are for the real world.

Jon+Kate... Kate is starting to grow on me. In the first episode she came across as really anal-retentive & negative, but in the second episode you could see she was hiding a sense of humour. And those kids are adorable!

Did anyone see the British family? It was on TLC in March I think. They had 14-15 kids because Mum loved babies, not because of religion. The kids all attended 'real' school.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    The Duggars supposedly make their money through real estate, and the Arndts are all "court reporter/transcriptionists" (who knew there was money in that?) And the Arndts also have their own "church."
    That part was a bit disturbing to me. None of the kids are getting a higher education because they all get pimped out into the family profession of court reporting. In fact, wasn't it part of their home schooling?? They go straight into court reporting after "high school".

i'm the eldest of 5 which is nothing compared to the duggars or any of these other families and i don't get it either. i am baffled by families like the duggars. they seem more like small businesses/entreprises than families.
    5 is already a hell of a lot and i can't tell you how chaotic it got what with different schools, a dog, lessons, doctor's appointments, age differences (toddlers and teenagers in the same house)... not to mention a few huge moves, including one transatlantic. plus the expenses, paying 4 university tuitions at the same time at one point (luckily that was only 6 months)...
    modern western life is not made for huge families. i hardly knew anyone with more than 4 kids and people always assume my parents are divorced and some of my siblings are steps or half-siblings...
    and no my parents weren't really religious and basically ended up with 5 kids by accident - number 3 turned out to be twins and number 5 was an accident and he is 9 years younger than the twins.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information