Thread: Disturbia

Eli

Default Disturbia

What a cool film. Please ignore the critics, and the insanely inappropriate theatrical trailers!! This isn't a horror for teens, it's a Rear Window-esque thriller. And it's great!
    I love character development, and there's bus-loads of it here so you don't have to worry about it being a typical teen flick. It's above.

I actually really enjoyed this film also. It really isn't a horror film, it's more of a thriller and I think it's definitly geared towards teens as the main characters are teenagers, but the acting is pretty good (I was really, really impressed with Even Stevens ) and the story line was decent. I've reccommended it to people!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

This movie has been at #1 for what like three wks now. I was talkin to my friend yesterday, and she said it kicked ass. I think ill go see it this weekend. I love Shia, i knew he would be big since from Even Stevens.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

saw it and loved it

My boyfriend and I both loved it. It's creepy and intense without having to rely on excessive gore for scares. Many people fail to understand the difference in "gory" and "scary" these days.

Shia LaBeouf is really talented.

My teenage son went to see it and said it was really good. I'm poor, though, and have to wait until it airs on the movie channel.

Pretty good movie save for the standard ending for these types of flicks. This is the first time I've seen Shia and I was impressed by him. He reminds me of a young Christian Bale. I was surprised to see that he's also starring in Transformers this summer (not to mention Indy 4). I never saw Transformers the cartoon or was into that sort of thing, but the latest trailer seems pretty damned cool. They made it into a dead serious thriller trailer instead of a cartoony action flick.

A*O

I've seen the long trailers and more or less know the plot now so there's no point in watching it. Grrrrrrrrr
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    What a cool film. Please ignore the critics, and the insanely inappropriate theatrical trailers!! This isn't a horror for teens, it's a Rear Window-esque thriller. And it's great!
    I love character development, and there's bus-loads of it here so you don't have to worry about it being a typical teen flick. It's above.

Good I am glad to hear that because the trailers do nothing for me. They make it look like some teenage slasher like flick. I will go and see it now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    Good I am glad to hear that because the trailers do nothing for me. They make it look like some teenage slasher like flick. I will go and see it now for sure.
    It was for me. The previews that you see on tv or even the trailers make the movie seen scarier than it really is. It only gets scary towards the end the rest is it bit cheesy and predictable.

Bronze Member

Hi, this is my first post here so please be gentle. Wanted to say that I love this website and agreed with the person who posted in regards to Disturbia. I enjoyed this movie a whole lot. I am looking forward to this being released on dvd because I will have to purchase it for sure.

Eli

Keeeell the new one!

I seen this the other day and I must say this is another movie I didn't like :-( I seem to be going against the norm these days.

Thread Information