Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overrated and outdated actors according to Cinematic.com

Default Overrated and outdated actors according to Cinematic.com

Sir Ben Kinglsey’s pretentious title and smug on-screen attitude has vaulted him into the No. 1 position of Most Overrated Actor, according to the experts at Cinematic.com.

Apparently what really set off the Cinematic scribes was that the actor was listed as “Sir Ben Kingsley” in the opening credits for the small-scale B-picture, “Lucky Number Slevin.”

“If he can’t even loosen up for something that silly, then what good is he,” asked the overrated experts.

The experts eschewed the practice of “taking aim at (stars) who are already down” and instead chose Hollywood’s Top 7 overrated actors by deciding on those who “at this moment, feel overrated.”

Matthew McConaughey’s rippling abs may distract movie-goers around the globe, but Cinematic.com stayed their course, voting the perpetually shirtless star in at No. 2 for managing to remain a topic of conversation while starring in the least talked-about movies.

Panning “Almost Famous” star Kate Hudson for simply becoming “a pale, pale, imitation of her mother, Goldie Hawn,” the Web site places Hudson in the list’s No. 3 slot.

“(Hudson is) a staple on (the) yearly worst movies list,” the site says of the “You, Me and Dupree” leading lady. “She’s too arch for romantic comedy, too muted for drama, and otherwise, she’s just obnoxious.”

Following Hudson, earning fourth place in the poll is “Brokeback Mountain” hunk Heath Ledger.

Cinematic calls Ledger’s casting in 2005’s guy-on-guy love flick “lucky” and muses that “The Four Feathers” star had previously been “on a career track to oblivion.”

Ben Stiller’s invariable role as the “ ‘uptight’ character who gets ‘loosened up’ by an outside force” in his many comedies won the “Meet the Parents” star a spot at No. 5.

Ringing in at No. 6 is big screen veteran Tom Hanks. Cinematic argues that while Hanks, in the beginning of his career, was “a lovable comedian,” he later “abandoned his comedy skills for a long series of so-called important films” after “Big” earned him his first Oscar nomination.

Finally, heading up the end of the overrated train is “Ocean’s Twelve” babe Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Cinematic berates Zeta-Jones for being “uninteresting” both onscreen and off and chalks up her Academy Award for “Chicago” to “luck.”

Overrated and outdated - More Inside Track - BostonHerald.com

I agree with Hudson, McConaughey and Zeta-Jones. I don't think any of them are anything extraordinary.

I do think that Kingsley and Hanks are talented actors and Heath Ledger had had his moments.

Ben Stiller is more of a comedian, so i dont' think he really counts as an actor.

I have to agree with most of these.

I know I am going to get slaughtered for this, but I really think Angelina Jolie should be on that list. She makes shit movies yet she's been called "the biggest female star in the world right now" ... uh, wtf? That seems pretty damn overrated to me.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/lat...-assassin.html

Hands off Ben Kingsley!!! The man has the right to be credited as anything he wants!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    I have to agree with most of these.
    Ditto.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Jen Aniston
    Julia Roberts
    Vince Vaughn
    Owen Wilson
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

OCK

most of hollywood could be on that list

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I know I am going to get slaughtered for this, but I really think Angelina Jolie should be on that list. She makes shit movies yet she's been called "the biggest female star in the world right now" ... uh, wtf? That seems pretty damn overrated to me.

I'm going to agree. With the exception of Gia and Girl Interrupted, her performances since haven't exactly blown me away. Her looks, yes. But as an actress she's mediocre. Likewise Brad Pitt. (Although his looks dont blow me away either )

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Apparently Jolie's performance as the widow of Daniel Pearl in an upcoming movie is supposed to be outstanding. ???

I just dislike her on principle. lol

I hate John Malkovitch. Seriously, the guy can't act. Why do people think he can? he always has that silly, fake pretentious idiocy in his voice.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm so glad they mentioned Kate Hudson, besides her appearance in Almost Famous she hasn't done anything to prove herself as a top actress.

If her mother wasn't an actress I doubt she would be getting this much exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

I agree, she is purely famous for being hot and her odd lifestyle, and, of course her taste in men

This list is pretty inaccurate.

Tom Hanks????? By no stretch of the imagination would I refer to him as "overrated." He's earned all of his praise.

Ben Stiller is also not overrated. He stars in many successful movies.

IMO, they left out a ton of people who should be here:
    -Angelina Jolie
    -Scarlett Johansson
    -Julia Roberts
    -Natalie Portman
    -Anne Hathaway
    I would also add Robin Williams (I don't think he's funny), but I know most people like him.

Its not a matter of being in hit movies, its a matter of craft as an actor.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information