Thread: Grindhouse

Default Grindhouse

Did anyone see it? My boyfriend and I went yesterday morning, and we loved it. It was a lot of fun. We're huge fans of the genre it pays homage to.

Trailer looks kind of intriguing but I'm not big on violence, and Quentin usually makes us OD on it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

LOVED IT! the whole theatre was hootin and hollerin' and having a good old time.

I hope word of mouth spreads, cuz its tanking pretty badly at the box office.. but its the most fun ive had at the movies in years.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm going to see it probably next weekend. Easter was a crap weekend for the studio to premiere it, they must have wanted it to fail. Easter is a BIG kid/family Holiday, who the hell can sneak off to the theater to see such a hard R movie?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Easter is a BIG kid/family Holiday, who the hell can sneak off to the theater to see such a hard R movie?

i'm dying to see it! i have no idea when it's coming out here.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Easter is a BIG kid/family Holiday, who the hell can sneak off to the theater to see such a hard R movie?

Grindhouse has gotten pretty good reviews. We're going to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I hope word of mouth spreads, cuz its tanking pretty badly at the box office.. but its the most fun ive had at the movies in years.
    My boyfriend and I were saying the same thing today. It was just so much fun. We're going back on Friday to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Trailer looks kind of intriguing but I'm not big on violence, and Quentin usually makes us OD on it.
    Quentin's is actually tame in terms of violence compared to Rodriguez's Planet Terror. If you're easily grossed out, it's not for you.
    Last edited by Daphne; April 10th, 2007 at 12:47 AM.

I think I already mentioned how much I liked loved this movie. I'm in agreement with the majority that Planet Terror was the better of the 2, but Death Proof had a better ending. Loved it, especially Rose McGowan

Shame there are talks of splitting the movie in two. That negates the whole purpose of Grindhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    That doesn't seem to stop people with kids. When we were at an R movie over the weekend, some couple brought their five year old. Crazy.

Grindhouse has gotten pretty good reviews. We're going to see it.
    Nothing new unfortunately, when I went to see Blade way back in 1998, I was stunned to see parents with little kids there, I mean, barely 4 years old I would estimate. Now I am no prude but come on there must be some sort of limits. And to think that if they show even a slip of the nip, all panic ensues, strange double standards sometimes in society.

Anyways it was a pretty cool movie. The first was better than the second, I just didn't dig all that dialogue in death proof. Quentin is the man when it comes to scenes of people talking but in death proof it went on and on and on, and I was almost falling asleep!

People mentioned Rob Zombie's trailer for Halloween, it looks kinda cool. I hope by "reimagining" it doesn't mean one hundred times the gore and sex.

Interestingly, I thought Rob Zombie's Devil's Rejects which came out a few years ago was much better than Grindhouse overall. Devil's Rejects was a true grindhouse nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Twitney? But I'm guessing this movie is probably over her head.

Thread Information