Thread: Layer Cake

Default Layer Cake

Ok, I liked this movie. There were a few things that were a bit irritating, I kept having to adjust the volume and there was a lot of mumbling, but I made out enough of what was going on. The flashbacks were a bit odd, but then I've seen movies doing that so it's ok. Also, it is reminiscent of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

Here's something I don't get:
    Why TF did they use Sienna Miller? Ok, I can see that her being obvious towards him might be a turnon. She's blonde. Perky I suppose. But she isn't even convincing when she's trying to talk dirty. I don't get how they can have him obsess over her.

Spoiler (highlight to read)
    He gets shot because he just HAD to have her. I mean really, the whole time, she's got this scummy boyfriend, and he goes back for her. And gets shot by Sydney for stealing her

Ok, spoiler over. I just think that it was lousy casting. There had to be SOME other actresses who auditioned for that part. Maybe she was cheap?

I think I would have wondered it, regardless of whether I'd known anything about her. The fact that she's an idiot IRL doesn't help, but I still wouldn't get the obsessive appeal of two guys.

Default Re: Layer Cake

I saw this movie when it was in theaters, and I was pretty disappointed. What it was wasnt what the trailers made it out to be. Just based on itself alone it wasnt a terrible movie, but since it wasnt the type of movie I went to see, I was bothered.
    Dramatically overdramatic

I hadn't seen the trailer, just read the reviews before. And since it sounded along the lines of Snatch, etc (and same producer), I wasn't disappointed in the movie because of that. There are a couple movies that really pissed me off for that reason - Talented Mr. Ripley, and the Weather Man.

I do wonder who Sienna slept with to get the role though, I think she was a bad choice, and she didn't convey any kind of major appeal that would make two guys obsess over her.

I saw this movie about 2 months ago and pretty much don't remember anything. I don't remember thinking it was awful, but how good can it be considering I remember next to nothing!

I just watched it Sunday night. It was OK. Kind of formulaic. Sienna blows. And Daniel Craig is really weird looking. Sort of blonde Cro-Magnon, like Lucius Vorenus on Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23 View Post
    I saw this movie about 2 months ago and pretty much don't remember anything. I don't remember thinking it was awful, but how good can it be considering I remember next to nothing!
    That is exactly what I was going to post!! Boyf wanted to watch it because he liked Lock Stock and Snatch etc. I know that I've seen it but can't remember diddly squat!

Thread Information