Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tudors

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Default The Tudors

Anybody else watching this on Showtime? I love it.

I've seen the promos but, a las I have no Showtime. It looked really good but, i think I'll have to wait until it comes out on dvd. I'm hoping that it gets posted on youtube.

I was disappointed with it. I just can't buy JRM as Henry. He once played a smarmy king of France in another movie, I can't recall the name. But that's what he's more suited to, imo. He's too fey and femme to be athletic, lusty Henry. The guy who plays Buckingham would make a more realistic Henry. I'm going to keep watching though. It's undeniably sexy. I am interested in Anne Bolelyn. The actress they chose looks well suited to the role.

The actress looks like a young Catherine Zeta Jones in the promos. i don't know how she comes across in the series though

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    The actress looks like a young Catherine Zeta Jones in the promos. i don't know how she comes across in the series though
    Yes I see CZJ, but even more, I think she looks like Amy Lee from Evanescense, who I love. So I hope she's good!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

In real life, Ann Boleyn was not considered a conventional beauty, even by their standards of that period. Neither was Cleopatra. Women today could learn a lot from those women about how far charisma can get you (excluding the death by asp and beheading stuff, lol). The guy who plays Buckingham is Steve Waddington. He played Duncan Hayward in Last of the Mohicans. I think he's a hot , masculine redheaded man.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this show! I lurve JRM. Here is link to the show site for those of you interested. And I agree about the actress playing Anne Boleyn. She is just delicious!

The Tudors On Showtime - The Tudors Official Site

I watched this today and I thought it was quite good!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Elite Member

I downloaded the first 3 eps and I've fallen in love. God damn it, like I really needed another show to take up my download limit.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

I don't know if anyone kept up with the season. I just started watching it a couple days ago. Here's a promo for season 2.

NSFW due to a bare ass shot and a couple shots of sex, but not actually showing anything

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A9fVujIRpQ[/YOUTUBE]

Longer, far more NSFW promo that aired after this week's Dexter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaK6uzZFOTo[/youtube]

I didn't really get into the show, but damn is that boy HOT!!

I guess it's good if you don't know anything about history, don't want to learn anything about history, believe that Henry VIII was nothing more than a slut instead of one of the best-educated, intelligent monarchs in England's history, and that he was surrounded with only the worst sycophants and idiots he could find. I mean, Elizabeth and Mary weren't an accident, they were the products of a monarch who cared enough about culture and education to educate his daughters at a time when that almost never happened no matter how well born a woman was. He had his faults, lots of them, but c'mon! How about a little historical accuracy just for the hell of it?

Apart from all that, I tried to watch it as entertainment but with sex scenes every 3 to 4 minutes and about 10 commercials every 8 minutes, I won't bother to do it again. I understand why it is being marketed this way, but I still think this series could, and should be, a whole lot better than it is.

In the states it is on Showtime so there are no commercials. I'm already reading The Other Boleyn Girl, so I've got one HIGHLY fictionalized account of this time period, and now it's conflicting with this other HIGHLY fictionalized account of the story. To be perfectly honest I haven't even been paying that much attention to each episode. I'll be watching, and then drift off to playing with something else, then remember I'm watching it and start paying attention. I have missed a lot of the show because of that.

It might be on Showtime here, too, but it was produced by the CBC so I have a feeling it's being aired there first and will slowly make its way to Showtime.

Maybe iif nothing else t'll make people who get into the show without knowing any of the actual history curious enough to pick up a book (or watch a historical documentary) and learn something. If I suspend what I know to be historically bullshit I can enjoy it for entertainment value (no commercials here) but it does grate when I think that there are probably people who watch shows like this who are dumb enough to think everything truly happened just like it's portrayed here.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information