Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unecessary remakes

Default Unecessary remakes

I watched "Match Point" - Woody Allen. Blah movie, but I took notice of Matthew Goode in the film. He immediately reminded me of a young Rupert Everett. I look him up on IMDB. He is to be in a remake of "Brideshead Revisited".

Why it's being remade I'll never know. It was glorious, perfect and timeless. It would be like remaking Gone With the Wind. I do understand that there are a lot of great films whose stories can and should be told over and over again with new actors. Some, however, should not be touched.

Can you think of any remakes that were completely unecessary?

Zee

I'm having a hard time thinking of a remake that surpassed the original. Pyscho, Invasions of the Body Snatchers, Point Break, King Kong.

Brideshead Revisited? Say it isn't so.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Point Break was a remake?

Unneccssary

King Kong (sucked ass)
    Sabrina (WTF is stupid enough to think they can top Bogey and Audrey Hepburn?)
    Alfie (Jude Law...need I say more?)
    Psycho (Seriously? Seriously)
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I cant think of any right now, but i can think of one thats coming up. It's being reported that the director of America Beauty just casted Kate Winslet, and Leo Dicap to star in what i can only see as a remake of America Beauty. I say this because American Beauty was based off this book, cant quite think of it now, and this movie that hes making is based of this same book, and also named after it.

It's like huh?....America Beauty was Perfection.....and it might have been a remake of something else also, but simultaneously based of that book.

Its seeming like the director hasnt had any great ideas so is trying to remake a remake of his greatness, which is so ungreat.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Kostner's Robin Hood I mean, after Erroll Flynn it's pointless to even try. King Kong. As fake as the 1930's original was, it had its charm. The increasingly more technically advanced versions just went out for a buck.

Chalet, this one's for you: "A Roman Spring for Mrs. Stone" Vivien Leigh and Warren Beatty, nuff said.

"The Wizzard of Oz", 1939's perfect classic should've remained untouched. The eighties "spin-off" was a disgrace. (The Wiz was a totally different movie, that's not the one I mean.)

The Poseidon's Adventure I think it was called, the one with the classic Shelley Winters rescue scene.

Many others I'm sure, that I can't think of right now.
    Last edited by HWBL; March 29th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

If they ever try to remake Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, Citizen Kane or similar, I will resign from going to the movies for all eternity.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ummm, a GWTW remake is in talks now. I'd kinda like to see Clive Owen as Rhett (my opinion, he's not the rumored star). I never liked GWTW as a movie, LOVE the book, didn't like the movie much.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was relieved that they never made that remake of Casablanca starring Kevin Costner and Julia Roberts that they threatened us with some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Ummm, a GWTW remake is in talks now. I'd kinda like to see Clive Owen as Rhett (my opinion, he's not the rumored star). I never liked GWTW as a movie, LOVE the book, didn't like the movie much.
    I'm not a fan of remakes, and not even really a fan of GWTW, but when you put the idea of Clive Owen as Rhett, I thought "I'D GO SEE THAT!!!!"

no way can they get anyone else to do touch vivian leigh's role as scarlett I'm a big fan of this movie if they remake it i'll freak lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I was relieved that they never made that remake of Casablanca starring Kevin Costner and Julia Roberts that they threatened us with some years ago.
    I'm so glad that I had never heard about this.

You guys are so good!

Alfie is a perfect example.

You know what's worse?

Directors who go back and add stupid shit into their old movies with computers.

I'm all for restoring movies, and THX'ing them, fixing the colors and making it sound/look as good as possible... bu to go back and ALTER the film itself?

That's horrible. It's artistic revisionism. It would be like digitally altering the fucking Mona Lisa cuz we can add an explosion in the background.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I'm so glad that I had never heard about this.

You guys are so good!

Alfie is a perfect example.
    Aaawww, Chalet, thanks for your kind, temporary, signature:blush:
    Happy birthday to the old wrinklehead!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The Jackal with bruce willis. The original, Day of the Jackal, is truly one of the all time great movies. Jackal sucked donkey anus.

Godzilla. One CG chase fest after another.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information