Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NoDayButToday
  • 1 Post By NoDayButToday

Thread: Veronica Mars to be cancelled?!

Default Veronica Mars to be cancelled?!

Friday, 12:08 p.m.: The CW rep for Veronica Mars tells me: "The show has not been canceled. A decision will be made at the Upfront on May 17."
    Sources tell me that the show is most likely to come back in its new FBI format (described below) or not return at all.
    Friday, 9:22 a.m.: After speaking with very reliable sources this morning, I can tell you the following about Veronica Mars:

1. Creator Rob Thomas is shooting a five- to six-minute featurette of a new version of Veronica Mars, which is one of three options the CW is considering for next season (cancellation, renewal or new format).
    2. This new Veronica version takes place four years in the future, and features Veronica as a full-fledged FBI agent. (This morning's Hollywood Reporter incorrectly reports that in the new featurette, Veronica is still in the FBI Academy.)
    3. Kristen Bell is the only castmember who is part of this "FBI years" trailer/featurette. It is not yet known which other castmembers would come on board if the CW chooses this option. Veronica's current cast and crew were informed of the featurette yesterday (hence, the widespread panic and cancellation rumors running rampant—and my panic attack).
    4. For better or worse, Veronica's fate has not yet been decided, and I'm told the chances of it coming back in its current format are looking grim. So, keep reading and show your support below in the comments section. (By the way, never before have I seen comments pile up so fast and so strong anywhere on E! Online. Keep 'em coming!)
    Now back to the original story that posted last night...
    Thursday, 10:11 p.m.: You may have seen my earlier report that Veronica Mars has been canceled.

Well, let me just say that though I heard this heart-wrenching info from six—yes, six—reliable sources on both the network and studio sides and that the "cancellation" rumor ran rampant around all sectors of Hollywood today, apparently the picture is more complex than a straight canceled-or-not-canceled scenario.

At this hour, here's what I can tell you:
    I just heard from Veronica mastermind and showrunner Rob Thomas, who told me, "If we're canceled, I certainly don't know about it."

According to CW insiders, the network has not officially canceled Veronica Mars. However, here's the catch: It is currently considering a different format for the fourth season. From what I hear, that format would leap four years into the future and focus on Veronica as an FBI agent. Aside from returning star Kristen Bell (duh), the rest of the cast is yet to be determined, but it isn't likely that many of her current costars would be on hand.

So, bottom line: Veronica Mars could be: (1) spinning off into a new format, (2) returning in her college years or (3) getting axed.

And let me just say, number three is indeed a very real possibility, so it is most definitely time to rally the troops before it's too late!
    If you care about Veronica Mars and want it to survive (and if you're a fan of good TV, I know you do!), please comment below with your name and message of support. And email your friends the link to this column so they can do the same. (I will forward your comments to the powers that be at the CW.)
    Then please send a "Save Veronica" postcard or letter to:
    Dawn Ostroff
    President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
    4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
    Burbank, CA 91522-0002

And pardon me while I hop on my soapbox and advise the CW: Canceling Veronica Mars would be a mistake of epic proportions. It is by far the best thing going on the Green Net and one of the most addictive, smart, funny and well-written series ever to air. The fans would not take its demise lightly.
    (P.S. That Pussycat show makes me want to gouge out my eyes.)
    Now, VM fans unite! Comment away below—for the love of good TV!

E! - Kristin's Blog - Updated: Veronica Canceled? Here's What I Know... - Kristen Bell

Are they for real?! That's one of their best TV shows!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Veronica!!! Way can't they EVER just leave great things alone!!!!! Firefly was a classic example of big-shot short sightedness. Idiots!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving these other alternatives to No 3......Viva la Veronica

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

LIked seasons 1 & 2, not liking 3 very much. Put it out of it's misery or return to the type of excellence seen in the beginning please.

I was pissed about this since I started reading about it on Thursday night. It's one of the best shows on television, so of course no one will watch it. You have no idea how many people I've converted to fans just by showing them a few episodes from season 1, they just never knew it was out there.

If you dont show your appreciation to this under rated high school noir gem, Francis will pop a cap in your ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    LIked seasons 1 & 2, not liking 3 very much. Put it out of it's misery or return to the type of excellence seen in the beginning please.
    Yeah, my thought too. Season 1 was pretty close to flawless, Season 2 saw a slight quality drop, and I'm pretty lukewarm about Season 3.

I'm all for Veronica as an FBI agent if they get rid of Logan and keep Mac and Wallace and of course Veronica's dad. And if they bring back Lamb somehow, that would be hott.

But how will the jump happen? Will the show be set in the near future?

^^ How Orwellian..........C'mon dudes we wanna know ( we have to post though)

Holy thread necro, but VERONICA MARS MOVIE!!!!

They started a Kickstarter to make the movie this morning. They needed $2 million to make the goal and they are currently at $2,242, 500ish! It took them less than 10 hours to reach the goal-which also was the biggest Kickstarter goal ever and they reached the $1 million mark faster than any other Kickstarter ever. The actors are all on board (there is a video on the Kickstarter page with Kristen Bell and a few of the other actors plus Rob Thomas talking about it), Warner Bros promised that they would release the rights to them if they had the funding, and they are going to be filming this summer, release early 2014. SO EXCITED!

In case anyone wants to throw some support their way to increase the film's budget, the Kickstarter is The Veronica Mars Movie Project by Rob Thomas — Kickstarter
    kersalli likes this.

I made a new thread about this because I searched three times to see if there was already a thread about this and this did not show up. Can the mods move my post please?

Veronica Mars Kickstarter Project Makes $2 Million In Less Than 10 Hours

I swear, other stuff came up about the sloth and her having a baby and the story about Russell Brand, but not this thread.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Ha, we were doing it at the same time. I searched and didn't see anything either so just dredged up the old one, but yours is an actual article so that's fine by me to be on its own. Plus you posted it first.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Ha, we were doing it at the same time. I searched and didn't see anything either so just dredged up the old one, but yours is an actual article so that's fine by me to be on its own. Plus you posted it first.
    Thanks NoDay, it's cool with me, but I was like, agh, how did I miss this thread?! lol
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

This was the best news I heard all day. I pledged happily. I love me some Veronica Mars!

Thread Information