Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 the movie

Default 300 the movie

Anyone else excited about this one? Everyone at work's been talking about this. I was really blown away by the trailer when I saw it last year, it's rare that a movie trailer by itself makes me want to see a movie.

Not only does it have awesome looking computer generated background and cinematography, but it has a bunch of muscular dudes in underwear who kick ass! I definitely have to check it out.

Elite Member

I am so so excited. The comic was genius.

That and gerry butler...
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

I am interested to see it both because it and Gerard Butler both look A-mazing.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Totally excited! The previews look great.

Totally excited. I read a history book about this story way back in high school and said, even then, that this should be a movie. I'm stoked! We're going to see it on IMAX.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Just got back from taking my son and his friend to this movie. It was pretty good, but I must admit I was very distracted by the men in small undies who all had the damn tightest washboard abs I've seen. All of them had the best bods! I'm still panting.

All I got from the preview was that this was a movie about rippling abs, Sparta, and squirting blood.

I'm taking a pass on it, but let me know if I should check it out.

Silver Member

I saw it in December at an event

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Oh I wanna go see it!!!!!!! Hopefully this weekend.

Would it be better to watch on IMAX?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Apparently, it sold out every show today, both IMAX and regular theaters.

Mooms, if you can go see it at an IMAX theater, I definately would. It looks like it would be awesome!

Early showings for "300" film draw sell-out crowds
    By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The ultra-bloody warrior film "300," about a legendary battle between the Spartans and Persians, seemed headed for U.S. box-office glory on Friday with sell-out crowds flocking to early showings.

Imax, the giant-screen movie chain, reported that all 57 of its 12:01 a.m. Friday screenings of the Warner Bros. film had sold out as its advance ticket sales for the weekend hit a new record for the month of March.

"We had the most amazing night," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, adding that many Imax theaters arranged 2:30 a.m. shows at the last minute to accommodate fans who failed to get into the midnight showings.

Many of the rest of the nation's 600 theaters with early morning shows also played to capacity crowds, said Dan Fellman, domestic distribution president for the Time Warner Inc.-owned studio.

"They were flocking everywhere, not just to Imax," he told Reuters.

While overnight business accounted for a fraction of the more than 3,100 North American theaters where "300" was opening on Friday, the early surge at the multiplex was a strong indicator that the film was poised for a robust first weekend.

Some box-office analysts predicted "300" could finish the weekend in the $50 million range, an impressive achievement for a March opening given the film's "R" rating and lack of stars.

Seeking to squelch inflated expectations, Fellman said a weekend gross in the mid-$30 million range was "a more accurate estimate of where things are going to go."

SOLD OUT

Still, leading online ticket seller Fandango reported "300" was selling at twice the rate of a previously unexpected box-office hit, "Ghost Rider," which opened three weekends ago with $45.4 million in its first three days.

With no other major film releases this weekend, Fandango said 94 percent of its business was going to "300" with hundreds of screenings selling out. "Exhibitors are continually adding show times," Fandango spokesman Harry Medved said.

The record sum for a March opening is currently held by the computer-animated family film "Ice Age: The Meltdown," which grossed $68 million in its first weekend last year. The original "Ice Age" is No. 2 with $46 million in 2002.

"300" has received mixed reviews -- New York Times critic A.O. Scott called it "about as violent as 'Apocalypto' and twice as stupid" -- but has benefited from an aggressive Internet-based promotional campaign appealing to a younger, tech-focused crowd.

The hyper-stylized film, based on the graphic novel by Frank Miller about the ancient battle at Thermopylae in 480 B.C., was shot using actors staging combat scenes against blue screens on which the background and special effects are superimposed via computer graphics.

Amid the spectacle of severed limbs, decapitations and copious amounts of blood, the movie reenacts the story of 300 Spartans under King Leonidas who held out against the advancing Persian hordes led by Xerxes in one of the most famous last stands in history.

Warner Bros. is hoping to surpass the box-office success of another Miller adaptation, "Sin City," which grossed $160 million worldwide from a $40 million budget, according to movie Web site boxofficemojo.com.
    Early showings for "300" film draw sell-out crowds - Yahoo! News
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Zee

Heck, I thought this came out next weekend. I'm all for movies with men in undies & swords. Nwgirl gave the perfect review for me!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Gonna watch it with hubby tmr Will find out which IMAX theatre is playing. Woohoo~ Yea it's exciting!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Just got back from it, the BF and I really liked it, my dad and sister thought it was ridiculous. It kept me fully interested, which is a huge feat considering it was a show starting after 10PM on a night I worked, at the end of midterm week. Normally I'd be asleep halfway through the movie regardless of how much I liked it.

woohoo~ saw this movie just this evening! The IMAX seats were all sold out so we just watched it in a regular theatre. Overall, it was really cool, I liked that whole chivalry thing and the dudes were so hot with their muscular bodies Some parts I think were a little cheesy though and wish were a more realistic.

There were a few little kids (they looked about 8-10 yrs old) without their parents in our theatre, unbelievable! They got to watch some ladie bits and some sexual content in addition to all that violence. I bet the parents just dropped them off. I would never do that to my kids, what if they get kidnapped or something.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post

There were a few little kids (they looked about 8-10 yrs old) without their parents in our theatre, unbelievable! They got to watch some ladie bits and some sexual content in addition to all that violence. I bet the parents just dropped them off. I would never do that to my kids, what if they get kidnapped or something.
    I thought it was rated R? My eight year old son would love to see it. He's very much into gladiators, all things Roman and Spartan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information